Ebay

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Pulling the auction off because you're not happy with the bids sounds like poor form to me. Give him a bad seller rating.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
One of the problems with bidding your max early on is shill bidding.

This is where a seller has more than one id and uses those to bid on his own listing after you or gets a mate to bid and cancels a winning bid once he goes beyond your original bid.

It has become much harder to spot now that ebay hides ids from other bidders.

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
with regards to my offer for the putter i did put in a bid that i was willing to go to and someone else had bid as well but i was still winning.
it just irked me that the seller pulled the item and relisted stating no bids were proffered on the original sale.

inc0gnito

Assistant Pro
Visit site
with regards to my offer for the putter i did put in a bid that i was willing to go to and someone else had bid as well but i was still winning.
it just irked me that the seller pulled the item and relisted stating no bids were proffered on the original sale.

Sometimes people sell on gumtree too and may have sold through that first. Saves the hassle of p&p and everything ebay related.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
It had bids on it.
It got delisted
It got relisted
Where it was or wasn't listed, delisted or whatever is irrelevant. I think he can absolutely come to that conclusion.

eBay shouldn't allow these sort of things.
They're at great pains to tell us that if we bid we are entering into a contract with the seller - should work the other way too.
Don't understand why people list in 2 places...you're going to rack off someone eventually...

Evesdad

Tour Winner
Visit site
One of the problems with bidding your max early on is shill bidding.

This is where a seller has more than one id and uses those to bid on his own listing after you or gets a mate to bid and cancels a winning bid once he goes beyond your original bid.

It has become much harder to spot now that ebay hides ids from other bidders.

Or get family members to bid to up the price. Another reason I just whack my maximum bid in with a few mins to go. That said I lost out in a junior explanar the other week. No bids for the whole duration, starting bid of £50, bargain. 5 mins to go I slapped in £80. Last seconds it went to £87.

When selling I also set the starting price at what i realistically want minimum. Sold an old callaway cart bag recently. Started it at £10, had loads of offers to end it, sold for £25. Winner.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I virtually only ever bid in the last 10 seconds, preferably in the last 5. I never to make an obvious bid e.g. add the bid plus the postage and round up to an even number, I'll always use some random number in the pennies amount. I have often won an item by just the odd few pence.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
If i just watch an item it goes for peanuts.

Once i bid it goes crazy.

I enjoy the bid battle but it is a joke that people can freely use snipes. Ruins the fun.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
I sometimes, when bored, put in very low bids for stuff (golf) that I don't actually need but would be cool to buy for a stupid price. Never won anything this way as yet. There's far too many people on the bay now.

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I sometimes, when bored, put in very low bids for stuff (golf) that I don't actually need but would be cool to buy for a stupid price. Never won anything this way as yet. There's far too many people on the bay now.

I am ashamed to say I have pushed up bids on items that I don't actually want just for the fun of it. I have come very close to winning stuff I dont want. Purely experimental. I would like to apologise to those that bought the item where I have artificially inflated the price just for the hell of it. If you bid early you leave yourself exposed to people like me bored and seeking mischief

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
I am ashamed to say I have pushed up bids on items that I don't actually want just for the fun of it. I have come very close to winning stuff I dont want. Purely experimental. I would like to apologise to those that bought the item where I have artificially inflated the price just for the hell of it. If you bid early you leave yourself exposed to people like me bored and seeking mischief

You owe me £278.42

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Alternatively, you can sell a club on there by best offer and receive no payment. You send a payment reminder 2 days later and get a message saying that because I don’t accept returns, they are no longer interested and won’t be purchasing the club.

Time wasters

inc0gnito

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Alternatively, you can sell a club on there by best offer and receive no payment. You send a payment reminder 2 days later and get a message saying that because I don’t accept returns, they are no longer interested and won’t be purchasing the club.

Time wasters

Don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone accept returns!

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone accept returns!

You have to now. Don't or very rarely sell on ebay now as a few donkeys spoil it for everyone. I've had a couple of things returned that have been used. All you need to say is that is doesn't match the description and ebay ALWAYS side with the purchaser.

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Its laughable that people put 'I don't accept returns' in their listing as if it means something - utter waste of time. You will have no choice if the buyer decides so