EBAY customer support.... lol, yeah righto!

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
so after staying up till 2 am to bid/win my girlfriends christmas gift im all done and i think christmas shopping is finished.

The item finished at 2am, was paid for instantly and i think everything is hunky doorey. in the morning i wake up to this email?

Hi *****,
Thank you for payment. Item will be posted tomorrow (Monday).. special delivery. Unfortunately paypal have put a hold on your payment. Can i ask you to leave me feedback asap to release it. I know thats a big favour but i can *GUARANTEE* you will not be disappointed with your ghds. I can also guarantee a full refund if at all you are not happy. Many thanks.
Regards Lynda

Now knowing paypal do not lock accounts pending feedback something was obvioulsy not right here, if she could access her paypal account to check the money then as far as im concerned ive paid.

so i reply with the following.

Hi Lynda

Sorry but as I'm sure you can appreciate I will not leave feedback until received. There is no reason for my payment to be held as there was cleared funds in paypal. I have checked my account and it shows that funds have left. Feedback is my security against a smooth sale, feedback will be left once i receive my item

Regards

i thought this was pretty straight forward but today i didnt receive the item so i emailed asked for a special postage tracking and got the following answer:

Hi Barry.
Your goina hate me mate. I have had to decline all my buyers. Paypal have froze my account and will not let me withdraw or send funds to anyone. They are saying they require loads od ID..eg driving Licence Passport proof of bank account and photo id before i can continue. As a result of this i have just closed it all cant be arsed with all that carry on. I am sorry for all the bother and only hope you understand. Full refund will be given mate and once again sorry for any inconvenience caused...If i can help you though if you follow the link www.ghdhbreeze.com you will get ghds at £60 odd quid. Hope you have a nice xmas buddy.
Regards James

straight away alarm bells ring

* A limited edition product listed on ebay finishing at 2am?
* 0 feedback new seller
* leave feedback before you get the item
* now they have chosen not to send.

So in the effort to make sure no one gets stiffy by these monkeys i phone ebay and get the great response after 20 mins on the phone:

" we will email the seller and advise them they should refer to ebay rules "

great so some poor sod is gonna get shifted for £150.00 and they will send an email..... Bloody monkeys!

:mad: :mad:

ADB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Barry

Sounds very dodgy mate and I just hope you can get back your money.

Hindsight is 20:20 but as a general rule I would never ever buy something from a seller with little or zero feedback. I want to see what type of thing they sell, has anyone bought a similar item from them before, what was the feedback like etc

Also, why not use a programme like Auction Stealer or Bid Napper - saves you having to wait up in the wee hours to make your bid - and they are free.

Paying through Paypal means you should get your money back, albeit it may take a little time. My wife had a similar experience where she paid for something, it never arrived and the seller claimed it was all legit and the item had been posted. After a bit of hassle, Paypal refunded the transaction.

I hope this gives some comfort and doesn't come across as critical for going for the auction in the first place. Wish you well.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
well i got refunded the money but i beleive it was only because i refused to leave feedback. Had i left feedback maybe i wouldnt have been as lucky.

What is exceptionally funny is i stated that i thought i was being scammed in an email to the seller, and ive been reported for being a racist..... cheap shot or what!

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
What is exceptionally funny is i stated that i thought i was being scammed in an email to the seller, and ive been reported for being a racist..... cheap shot or what!

are you going to have to follow this up? in this pc-mad world some idiot may take it seriously and you end up being banned.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
im just weighing that up viscount. If im honest the way ebay has gone i dont think losing it would be bad at all.

its forcing companies out of business just slashing prizes to move stock, high street shops are suffering hugely, and generally they seem to make up rules when they want to.

I once sold some dvd's on there that should have been £20.00 each. they were racing review dvd's and were 2 seasons out (2004 dvds in 2006), they were sold for £5.00 each. THe ebayer has the dvd's for a month then emails me to say their faulty and he beleives fake. After much arguing i refused to refund he's money. the grounds for demanding a refund were "because the CD used were purple and not silver" and as i stated to the buyer if they were infact faulty & fake, why has it taken him a month to contact me.

I had letters from Duke Video to prove that the DVDs were 100% genuine and my stock take could show where everyone had been sold, yet ebay left he's feedback there and did nothing.

Now... on this occassion they have sent the seller and email "asking him not to do it again". sorry but if this is what ebay is coming to then sod em!

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
The problem is that ebay simply do not give a solitary toss as long as they make their profit.

Paypal, owned by ebay of course, are equally gittish.

I started golf with a set of donnays and when I upgraded I sold these on ebay. A guy in Hampshire bid on them, paid by paypal and said he would be collecting them.

He never showed and despite repeated emails never contacted me.

Anyhow, after 3 weeks he claimed he hadnt had the clubs delivered and wanted a refund. Paypal found in HIS favour despite the fact they were advertised as "Collection from Chatham, Kent, Only. NO POSTAGE, Not wanting to travel to collect after bidding is no excuse"

They said this counted for nothing and that I had failed as a seller, to ensure he recieved his goods.

Muppets the lot of them.