E scooters.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Whenever I see an accident/ tragedy I always think of the “ Swiss cheese effect that was taught us at the pit when accidents and tragedys are investigated. In essence, the Swiss cheese holes line up. If one of them holes don’t. The event or accident don’t happen. In this case someone is on an e scooter, a three year old girl even 8.30 is a factor. If it’s 8.31 the holes don’t align. Come what may a poor 3 yr old girl has life changing injuries because I believe our infrastructure and in some cases mentality towards these modes of transport is not safe.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Maybe your right.. just my 4 year old is always in bed by 7 ...8:30 seems well late for that age ?
Perhaps it's because it's been too hot to venture out for many just lately?
For 3 yr old girl you could change that to any amount of innocent people. Lets just stick with these scooters are a danger to those around them and those riding them.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Perhaps it's because it's been too hot to venture out for many just lately?
For 3 yr old girl you could change that to any amount of innocent people. Lets just stick with these scooters are a danger to those around them and those riding them.

Would be the same with an e bike or normal bike for that matter if they hit a 3 year old because of an idiot riding them

They are only as dangerous as those on them

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Would be the same with an e bike or normal bike for that matter if they hit a 3 year old because of an idiot riding them

They are only as dangerous as those on them
Of course they are, the same as firearms.
I hardly see anyone riding these things that isn't like a bat out of hell because there is no effort needed to get up to speed.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Twelve banned from e-scooter scheme over reckless riding

Local Democracy Reporting Service

Twelve people have been permanently banned from using an e-scooter system due to reckless behaviour, it has been revealed.
The scheme - run and policed by Wind Mobility - was introduced in October, with 600 of the distinctive vehicles on the streets of Nottingham.
Answering concerns over safety at a council meeting, the city council said 954 people had received a first warning for illegal riding, 46 had been given one-week bans and 12 riders had permanently exclusions linked to criminal incidents/charges.

Officials also said there had been more than 500,000 rides since launch.

They admitted pavement riding - which is not allowed - is "showing an increase" with 397 incidents observed by enforcement officers from 15 June to 11 July but said this was down to an increase in patrols.

yesterdays news in Notts.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
BBC tom Edwards on e scooters
Screenshot_20210722-130139.png

And to re-enforced the point I am trying to make about e bikes

This is my mates one

He can rocket along on it .. no licence required

PXL_20210722_173012684_copy_1024x1365.jpg

I still say it's who rides them

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
All comes down to space for me.
The roads are crap.
Pavements are crap.
There has been very little thought put into this over the years and just letting anything motorised loose is a big gamble imo.
Yes there are a majority of safe cyclists , motorists , e scooter riders though seem to have very little road awareness maybe most of them don’t drive.
Or lockdown has curtailed their lessons!
But at the end of the day most accidents will end up with them coming off worse.
There is a major junction by the Hospital in my road and I have seen some Kamakazi e scooter riders with car drivers hands on heads not believing what they have just seen.
But others obeying the lights, so pilot error is a factor.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I thought they were illegal anywhere in public unless part of a trial scheme
https://www.nationalworld.com/news/...-ride-them-and-how-dangerous-are-they-3316708
They are but, certainly around here, the authorities don't seem to care much.
A youtube video dropped into my recommendations the other day
5 things you didn't know about e-scooters..
Not one of them was that they're illegal to use in public unless hired.
Which is strange because all those using them illegally must have been told that they're illegal when they bought them....mustn't they?

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
I seem to see a lot of ebikes where the cyclist isn’t doing any pedalling. Mostly with chunky tyres and often with a person on it delivering food. Also only a bike helmet or no helmet.

Do they not have to register them as mopeds if they run without pedalling?