E mail hacked.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Er...What precisely are the symptoms? Are your contacts getting emails 'from you' that don't actually originate from you?

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Hacked or infected?

If hacked then change your password. That then locks out the hacker again and they move on to the next person.
At least TRY to change your password. If truly 'hacked' whatever/whoever hacked it could well have already changed it!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
At least TRY to change your password. If truly 'hacked' whatever/whoever hacked it could well have already changed it!
True, but you have to try. The provider may also have a system where the reset goes to a different email address. I think my Gmail account has that. That could get around that issue. I'm trying to be positive ?

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Yes exactly that
It's not the end of the world! But there can be/is a bit/lot of hassle!

Assuming it's a 'personal' email, the simplest method is to save/store all your important existing contacts; inform them of the breach and your new email id (use a different password!!), then broadcast to them a message to block the old Id.

It can be a lot of hassle, but the risks attached to not doing son can be quite severe!

Have fun! You've already made a pretty good start!

Edit! Btw. Worthwhile informing your Credit Card companies and Paypal of the hack too. Some sites (such as Paypal) use your email addy as login id, therefore assume access to cards etc has been verified!

Last edited:

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
@Foxholer Stop going overboard with the punctuation it's making your posts unreadable ?
Go back to school then! Some of us were taught proper English, even if it wasn't in England/UK!

If I remember - and can be arsed - I'll add a 'dumbed down' version just for you/any others who are incapable of interpreting their own language!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 23270

Go back to school then! Some of us were taught proper English, even if it wasn't in England/UK!

If I remember - and can be arsed - I'll add a 'dumbed down' version just for you/any others who are incapable of interpreting their own language!

Dumbed down version specially for DaveR andothers similarly impaired/disabled....
Refer....The letter after 'E', followed by 'not on'!
I see what you did there. You are the only person on here that overpunctuates your posts but most others manage to post perfectly well constructed posts. I guess you are saying you are the only one that comprehends English ?

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I see what you did there. You are the only person on here that overpunctuates your posts but most others manage to post perfectly well constructed posts. I guess you are saying you are the only one that comprehends English ?
Illogical twaddle!