Dynamic Gold S300

DuckHookDave

Visit site
Before Christmas I got fitted for some M6 irons, with the outcome being the standard KBS Max 85 stiff shafts, 1/2 inch shortened and 2 degrees flat. Due to being around christmas couldn't commit to buy due to cost etc. I have now found some online but have DG S300 shafts, 1 inch shortened and 2 degrees upright (lie angle can be changed by them, thinking 1 degree flat rather than 2 as shorter).

I never got the chance to hit the DG S300, can anyone compare the 2 shafts? And any recommendations on the lie angle as they are shorter than was fitted for?

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
almost opposite ends of the spectrum. dg300 are almost as heavy as you can get at around 130 gram. I'm not one that advocates the importance of shaft choice but 45 gram difference is alot

sunshine

Visit site
Tried a Kbs shaft before Christmas when I was buying a mp18 3 iron. Felt completely different from dynamic gold which is what I have in my irons.

DuckHookDave

Visit site
Thank you! Didn't realise they were such different shafts! From what you've described about the DG S300, I don't think they will suit me being heavy and stiff

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Two ends of the shaft spectrum

KBS Max is a high trajectory high spin shaft

Dynamic Gold is a low trajectory low spin shaft