Dunlop clubs and bag for a begginer?

zakwebb

Visit site
Hi, I recently started playing golf, Im not too good. I practice on a large field near my house and at my local pitch and putt, I currently use dunlop tour tp12 and tp13 clubs. will these clubs be good enough for me to improve my game and will I look like a noob at the course when I play my first full round?

lyden

Head Pro
Visit site
I played with a guy yesterday off 7 with a set of 20 year old hogans. I don't judge anyone by their equipment as he's clearly better than me, its all about what you can / want to afford,

John_R7

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Spending £1,000 on equipment won't turn you into a good golfer.
Give it more of a go and if you want to upgrade I would always advise the 2nd hand route.
You can get great clubs at a great price that way. I doubt I will ever buy brand new (certainly not latest model) again.

Many people renew clubs regularly which creates an exceptional 2nd hand market through forums, shops, ebay etc.

zakwebb

Visit site
Ok, thanks. Il buy a bit of new kit soon as I currently only have a 9 iron and putter, Il look into buying a dunlop bag, some more irons and maybe a fairway wood. My dads trying to help me with my swing :D

DappaDonDave

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ok, thanks. Il buy a bit of new kit soon as I currently only have a 9 iron and putter, Il look into buying a dunlop bag, some more irons and maybe a fairway wood. My dads trying to help me with my swing :D

If you can, get a second hand bag by a better brand. 1. Dunlop bags do look ***** and 2. They are not great quality.

Other than that, the irons are good, as are wedges.