Dundonald Sold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
So today was the takeover by the company that have bought Dundonald Links. Will be interesting to hear/see what playing rights I have going forward.

Lots of rumours etc going around and I know that the company who have bought it have other courses in their portfolio as well as other ventures. Could be interesting, could be an absolute disaster for the members.

D

Deleted member 17920

So today was the takeover by the company that have bought Dundonald Links. Will be interesting to hear/see what playing rights I have going forward.

Lots of rumours etc going around and I know that the company who have bought it have other courses in their portfolio as well as other ventures. Could be interesting, could be an absolute disaster for the members.
Would love to know why Loch Lomond sold it.

Are they struggling?

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Would love to know why Loch Lomond sold it.

Are they struggling?

From what I understand they were looking for a partner to invest with them. A company who would put up the capital to build the clubhouse etc then "lease" it back to them. It became apparent that this route had very little interest for the parties who enquired and the decision to sell was taken.

Loch Lomond are currently sand capping all their fairways and have done a few with phenomenal results. I think this will allow them to finish the sand capping without finding extra revenue. I also heard today (although I can't confirm anything) that they have somehow managed to retain playing rights at Dundonald despite selling it!

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
Interesting.

I don't think it would make much sense in this day and age to discourage people who are willing to pay over £100 pm for membership. But could be that they move towards more of a point based / multi course arrangement.

Or else they want to aim even more at the golf tourist and get hundreds per tee time.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Interesting.

I don't think it would make much sense in this day and age to discourage people who are willing to pay over £100 pm for membership. But could be that they move towards more of a point based / multi course arrangement.

Or else they want to aim even more at the golf tourist and get hundreds per tee time.

I have absolutely no idea and we have been kept in the dark. Prime Ayrshire golf, Prestwick, Royal Troon, Gailes x2, plus Dundonald, all in packages with luxury cottages, 45 minutes from Glasgow Airport, 15 minutes from Prestwick. There will certainly be interest in that I'd imagine and that doesn't take into account "lesser" tracks like Barassie, West Kilbride, St Nicholas, Bogside etc.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Correct. A huge portfolio when you look at them. Not sure what they see the future of Dundonald being.
A holiday park basically....they have the capital to make the 'residential' developments that have planning approval and will take it from there.
What changes did the KP club see when they bought that operation in full? Anyone know?

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
A holiday park basically....they have the capital to make the 'residential' developments that have planning approval and will take it from there.
What changes did the KP club see when they bought that operation in full? Anyone know?

What standard of course was that prior to them taking it over? They also have The Springs in Oxfordshire, again does anyone know what that is like?

That is my concern, residential guests getting priority times/bookings etc. 5+ hour rounds with maw, pop, and the weans out.

Or do they market it like the Renaissance with the correct investment and infrastructure????

sunshine

Visit site
Terrific course with lovely links turf, great practice facilities, plenty of space, track record of successfully staging tour events. It's an asset with a lot of potential.

D

Deleted member 15344

What standard of course was that prior to them taking it over? They also have The Springs in Oxfordshire, again does anyone know what that is like?

That is my concern, residential guests getting priority times/bookings etc. 5+ hour rounds with maw, pop, and the weans out.

Or do they market it like the Renaissance with the correct investment and infrastructure????

Springs isn’t great - it’s just a big standard parkland with poor drainage

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Terrific course with lovely links turf, great practice facilities, plenty of space, track record of successfully staging tour events. It's an asset with a lot of potential.

It's what they do with that potential that "worries" me. Are they going to harness it or exploit it?

Status
Not open for further replies.