Duffers unite

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I thought this was going to be a get together, club tie, membership card etc. I was already with my details.

Reach a par 5 in 2, you're having a laugh. "Waiting to go for a par 5 in 3, duffed it 20 yds". That is how my experience goes.

Worst duff. 1st tee shot in a competition, par 3, tee is elevated. Too nervous, swung faster than Tiger. My club skimmed the top of the ball, it bobbled off the tee, rolled 1 yard forward to the edge of the elevated tee and fell 2 feet down the front of the tee box. Cue stifled laughter all around. I proceeded to hit the recovery shot onto the green but all the watchers had left by that point. I died the death of a thousand cuts that day.

Last edited:

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
waited on a par 4 green to clear and brought out my 4 wood (downhill in Summer and I used to hit it far).

At the top of my backswing my brain said "thats not enough club, BLOOTER IT" and proceeded to smother duck hook it 100yds OB. Re-loading while people snigger is not enjoyable :rofl:

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Playing the last at Ormskirk. Hit a poor drive the decided I would get to the green with my 24deg 7 wood. Calculated that I might need to take some loft off it to get it the full distance.

Gave this thing an almighty backswing and tried to deloft it a few degrees. The old Adams tight lies have a pretty sharp leading edge and this thing just dug straight into the ground. I pulled up thee biggest divot you are likely to see. The ball trickled in front of me and I had created a whole big enough to bury birchy in as he was killing himself laughing.

jamielaing

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Nothing more embarassing than this.

PP- You can go
Me- No, they're in range
PP- Never reach them
*WAIT FOR THEM TO CLEAR THE GREEN*
Topped 10 yards

drewster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I can honestly say that i have never made a par 5 in two ever. Stuff dreams are made of for me. I have a chance on our 5th with wind behind and have made greenside bunker a couple of times .Will get there one day.

Darren24

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Playing a roll up with a few friends, was on my second shot after a good drive. My friend was stood about 7-8ft to my right i tried nailing a 3wood down only to leave the club face WIDE open and nearly took me mates head off. Let's just say he don't stand no more 😳

U

User62651

Recall a game at Banchory where on par 4 12th hole I hit a beauty of a 3 wood to middle of fairway, confidently took out the wedge for second and proceeded to shank it hard right and straight into the nearby River Dee. Playing partner was rather unsympathetic. In my defence Ram Tour Grind blades did have very small heads!:whistle:

BrizoH71

Tour Rookie
brianhealy.net
16th at Crail Balcombie, short par-3 up a hill.

Hit a proper daisy-cutter that barely got 6" off the ground and which careered at speed towards the red tee-marker; the ball ricocheted off said marker into the North Sea... three off the tee, did almost the same thing again, but this time the ball cleared the marker by about 6" and ended up in a thicket at the bottom of the hill. Lost ball.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
March 1991. 1st tee Old Course.
Never been so nervous before (and haven't since).
Almighty swish, smothered shot into the valley of sin!!
Decided to then hit a 7 iron out of there to at least get it somewhere down the fairway.
I took the biggest divot I have ever seen. Even to this day, I have never seen a bigger one.
I think I blobbed the hole
:eek::eek::eek:

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
As a fairly new golfer a few years back and playing in a pfoursomes medal, my partner duffed one very short and right off the tee on a par 5. I then took an almighty swipe at the ball to retrieve the lost yardage, topped it about 20 yards where it hit the eng of a plank that greenkeepers had been using to kneel on to cut turfs, and ricocheted back about 30 yards past the tee we started on, so my partner was playing 4 from well behind where we had teed off

Needless to say we didn't win the foursomes medal that day!

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
First time i played at Moray old, which was in an Open. The hole is not much more than 320 off the back tee so driver not required as the trouble was all only reachable with that club. was talking to the started as player after player too k the driver, and made agreed that it was madness. I had a 3 iron at the time and that was my go to club and was pretty consistent with it.

Topped it into a great big clump of marram grass that was at the front of the tee, had to take an unplayable and racked up a 9 on the first.:(

Sponge1980

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Playing the 2nd round of our county championship I had managed to get to the 13th tee 2 under par. 13th is a par 3 and I shanked my tee shot, it hit one of the tee markers and flew past me, both my playing partners all our clubs and into a pond behind the 12th green. Hit the next one into a green side bunker and made a good up and down out of it for a 5.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Playing in a B Team match, I was far and away the lowest handicap in the fourball.
On the first tee and even though we'd won the toss I let our opponents play first while I waited for the group ahead to get out of range.

Then hit a massive fat with my 3 wood and advanced the ball 25 yards.