Drivers with draw?

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have a draw driver but there are, I think, two different types. One type has a permanent head set, the other (which I have) is biased by weights. The latter are adjustable simply by changing the balance between (in my case) two tungsten plugs.

The first type are the one's to be avoided as the only solution when no longer needed is to bin it or sell it on. The others can be set to draw, neutral or fade.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
My mizuno has the sliding/swing weights but the marketing for these clubs are now changing from being game changers to game enhancers.
Ive had the driver since christmas and havent once moved the weighting, to be honest im almost scared to change it as its going quite well!

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
I have a 3 & 5 wood with draw as I am forever fading shots, I think they can create a nice looking ball flight hit well and see no problem in them, the irons I would not be so sure with though.

EchtLoon

Challenge Tour Pro
www.thehomeofpoker.co.uk
Glenfish, I agree with Billyg, some people just want a fix and while it might fix one aspect of your game, what happens to your 3 and 5 woods, do you go out and buy draw bias substitutes for them also?
Where does it stop? Before long you will have traded in your irons, made a £100 + loss on the rrp, woods etc it all adds up.
Most players of higher handicap fade. My batural game is a fade, but I generally hit everything pretty straight.

It is a given that hitting a 3 or 5, especially off a tee is much easier, but for the majority of golfers to hit a driver straight is much harder because of the loft.

It is a fallacy to think you would have to get a whole set of draw biased clubs.

I have an FT3 draw bias driver, I easily hit it 20 yards further than my old Wilson fatshaft, and can now easily play a draw if I want it, as well as a fade - although the fade takes a lot of work as you can imagine.

As ever, try a few on the range to see what they do for you.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Brendy, how are the irons you jammy get ;)

Very nicely parmo fella, cant wait to get back out tomorrow and sunday. Im debating castle bay covers for them at the moment as they are works of art and I dont want them getting ruined.

billyg

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Brendy, how are the irons you jammy get ;)

Very nicely parmo fella, cant wait to get back out tomorrow and sunday. Im debating castle bay covers for them at the moment as they are works of art and I dont want them getting ruined.

Don't do it Brendy- Castle Bay covers are the work of the devil :cool:

I had some many moons ago thinking exactly the same thing but the odd clink as you walk along that these things stop is more than offset by the constant pressure required on the hozel to get the blighters off- which can't be good for the clubs. Also youve only got to loose one and the who set looks odd.

I know theyre designed to fit snugly but within 3 or 4 holes you'll be grinding your teeth at the idiot that came up with the idea. They should come with a can of WD40.

Mini driver-style socks would make more sense but I don't think they exist do they?

Nico

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Neoprene works but I got fed up pretty quickly.

The bag chatter marks on my irons do upset me a bit but Just looking at them gleaming in the sun!!!

Oh god I'm having a Moseley moment!!!!

Glenfish

Club Champion
Visit site
Ok Guys I had my driver lesson yesterday and the pro soon fixed my faults, which consisted of left shoulder facing too far forward, club position, he had me whacking 'em STRAIGHT!! Yeehaa!!!
Had a bit of practice later and my slice came back, then I managed to correct it again,
So today I have a round booked and am preying to hit that baby straight!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for advice guys

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just to throw a spanner in the works a little. I was custom fit for a driver the other day and i ended up with a draw bias(although the tour head i have is more open than a regular draw) and i find it excellent. When i hit it sweet, there is a little draw but thats fine, i will just aim slightly left if need be.

Good luck today, hope it goes well.