Driver Yardage struggle

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Definitely advise getting your coach to check your swing - having mentioned the comparitive lack of distance! That's the sort of thing (s)he has the equivalent of a degree for!!

And just to add to the tally of unobserved offerings.... From the distances with other clubs, it seems to me you 'should' be using at least a Stiff flex shaft. It's possible, but by no means certain, that you are 'protecting' the relative 'softness' of the 'Regular' (there's no real cross industry scale!) by swinging slower than you should/could. By 'upgrading to a Stiff fles (or a more appropriate profile that a fitter could determine) your Driver swing speed might increase simply because the shaft feels more stable.

As mentioned in previous posts, comparing alternative shafts is pretty simple these days!

You're not wrong - custom fit irons are stiff shafted (and longer) - just not had the money to invest the same in a driver yet! £500+ for one club is just painful and wasnt a priority.

I will at some point get a driver fitting too!

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Get
You're not wrong - custom fit irons are stiff shafted (and longer) - just not had the money to invest the same in a driver yet! £500+ for one club is just painful and wasnt a priority.

Get yourself on ebay and buy a stiffer shaft. They can be had pretty cheap for standard shafts.
If it improves things, great. If not, put it back on ebay.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site

I don't believe Driver heads have advanced much (if any) since the M2 - just a bit more adjustability! So well worth trying some shafts with a TM adapter in your M2 - to see the effect. I actually have a couple of these but they are quite light - and I suspect that you would need at least a mid-weight (possibly even a heavy) shaft (at Stiff) to overcome the feeling of overpowering a lighter/softer flex that may be the problem that causes the distance loss. Obviously, a proper fitting is the quickest/best way to determine 'best' shaft, but it could be worth trying 'recognised' models that have compatible adapters via Ebay - as previously posted. The likes of Diamana Blueboard or derivatives - the 70 model would be my suggestion- would seem a good candidate. It is/They are one of the 'solid standards' that suit the vast majority of golfers.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Post up a video of your 4 wood and driver swing.

Should be fairly easy to see what's going on.

Ill see what I can do over the weekend! Vids on the forum though - opening myself up for abuse! :ROFLMAO:

I spent some time last night not adapting my swing but just thinking "hit up on it" and pushed the ball an inch or so further forward - results were better!

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Ill see what I can do over the weekend! Vids on the forum though - opening myself up for abuse! :ROFLMAO:

I spent some time last night not adapting my swing but just thinking "hit up on it" and pushed the ball an inch or so further forward - results were better!

I was a bit apprehensive posting my first swing video here but gained plenty of advice over the years off the back of it so well worth it.

I regularly take videos and put them on youtube. Great for memories of away days and also to look back on when things aren't going so well swing wise. You will be amazed at how much your grip, ball position and such like can change/ drift over the years.