Driver topic

Callawayplayer85

Medal Winner
Visit site
So i hit my irons very high even my long irons *3iron for example goes ultra high* even had people saying that i always hit all my clubs as if it they are wedges. so i am using a 8 degree driver to help me hit it low and it still goes high.
I had a professional say to me even he cant use that driver.
Alot of people told me to chance to a higher loft? why would i change to a higher loft driver when i can get the ball airborn with a low lofted driver? i mean what can the extra loft do for me.
Please help me with some advice here guys.thanks.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
I'd be tempted to at either a change in technique or change in shaft.

You may have a sight flaw in your swing causing you to have increased spin and launch the ball too high.

As per equipment, you may have shafts that are to light or the wrong flex for your swing adding additional spin to the ball.

Callawayplayer85

Medal Winner
Visit site
Nothing as he came out of the clubhouse about to give someone a course lesson asked what driver i got said he cant use it,so then i teed off and he said oh it went straight.that is all

lyden

Head Pro
Visit site
Without seeing a good slow motion video its hard to say what your problem is but i would expect to see some flipping in your hands. Youtube 'golf flipping' the feeling of a good quality strike is very similar to that of a punch shot where the hands lead the club head. Doing it properly the ball should start low and climb with higher spin the more loft you take. Hitting the driver high is not a problem but it is if its combined with a high spin rate, swinging more rhythmic should reduce you spin.

shewy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So i hit my irons very high even my long irons *3iron for example goes ultra high* even had people saying that i always hit all my clubs as if it they are wedges. so i am using a 8 degree driver to help me hit it low and it still goes high.
I had a professional say to me even he cant use that driver.
Alot of people told me to chance to a higher loft? why would i change to a higher loft driver when i can get the ball airborn with a low lofted driver? i mean what can the extra loft do for me.
Please help me with some advice here guys.thanks.

Man I could have wrote this, my problem is early relaese adding loft to all the clubs,so a 8.5 degree is turned into a 12 degree driver etc.If you get on a launch monitor you will see you launch angles,mine was 17 eg with the 9.5 driver.
As with you everything goes straight but high robbing me of distance,esp with the driver.
One thing I have changed recently was narrowing my stance with the irons this has helped as it was way to wide,still working on the driver though.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Could well be time to book an assessment/lesson with the Pro. Much more likely to be a swing issue to me,

Do you hit many 'fat' shots? Do you slice - Driver? Irons?

Do you hit 'half' shots - if so where does the club end up after the shot?

And, dare I say, How's the grip?

Last edited: