Driver Swing

D

Deleted member 1147

You sway back too much on the back swing - try to keep your head where it started. Rotate don't sway.

I know this because I was shown that I do it in my lesson on Monday (but not that much)!

You'd be better served having lessons than asking us amateurs!!!

Basher

Tour Winner
yorkshiregolf.proboards.com
I'm in no position to comment on anothers swing as my game needs much improvement, but I have to agree with Gil. I used to have a right sway with my swing which I think I've got rid of now.
Tell you what though JC, you have a nice follow through and finish.

B

birdieman

Junior, lots of good things, finish looks good, club is nice and parallel at top. Gil is right that you're swaying back too much, try and rotate the hips rather than slide, at impact things look a little squashed i.e. the body hasn't cleared out of the way to let the arms swing into the ball from the inside. Stick at it though, there is the basis of a very good action there. :)

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
Looking good! That's quite some lateral movement, but hey, you fix it on the way through. Good finish...yup....

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
As a rule I don't like to offer direct swing advice as I am not a good player but...

Great balance at the end of the swing, you also have the club pointing straight down the line at the top of your swing which is a great position to be in, I am currently suffering from over swinging so it is nice to see. As for the swaying that is probably coming as a result of trying to cream the ball but it will in fact be robbing you of distance. It should be quite easy to fix, put an umbrella or old shaft in the ground next to your right side at address and it should prevent you from moving right during the backswing. It will be better if you can get it to come up to your hip height which is where the worse movement is. Did you used to bend your left knee during your backswing by any chance? You're not doing that now but the swaying often comes as a result of doing this when you started playing, well that's what I have been told anyway. One more pointer would be to try and keep your head at the same height all the way through, it seems to dip during your swing which some people (Natalie Gulbis for one- although yours is nowhere near this extreme) can do very effectively but it is not something that will necessarily help you unless your timing is spot on.

Now if only I could do all this. ;)

CarpeDiem

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Thanks guys for the advice, i've booked a lesson with the local pro tomorrow so speak to him about the swaying. :)

ob1

Medal Winner
Visit site
Nice move Jnr. May be keep the circle swing a bit tighter, turn your wrist a bit sharper just after the connecting point and the sway like other said. (I haven't got a clue really, just wish I could swing like you :))

andiritchie

Journeyman Pro
HOTMAIL.COM
how old are you junior captain.you dont look that old so your legs wont be that strong to resist your shoulder turn yet,you get back to the ball well so its no big deal every year you will get stronger and stronger good swing mate

Nico

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
It looks pretty good to me!

Would not worry too much about the sway as you keep the turn inside your right foot and the hip rotates ok.

Cant tell whether you are on line or not cos the view is from the side! Shoulder turn is full and the really good thing for me that you are not letting the clubhead go past parralell.

Get it a bit more rotational on your initial take away and you will find it has an effect all the way through the swing,i.e. it will be easier to clear the left side keep your height on the way through the ball.

Good luck with the lesson and lets have another look at you soon.