driver shaft

nil1121

Head Pro
Visit site
My daughter is looking at getting a titleist 910 D2 or D3 driver for her birthday. She currently has the 909 D2 driver with a Graphite Design YS6+ stiff shaft in it, this was recommended by titleist when they came to the local club and done a fitting day.

My question is, what would be a comparable shaft to the YS6+ that is a non custom shaft for the 910.

thanks

Last edited:

Scottjd1

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Have a look a this link it will give you an idea there is a handy chart on page 3 plus some in depth information on lots of shafts, a quick glance it looks like from the stock shaft the nearest would be kai'li.

http://www.titleist.com/images/products/pdfs/2011_Titleist_Custom_Options.pdf

However im pretty sure Ethan will be along soon as his knowledge of shafts and their characteristics is a little scary....

Just a thought but if you buy a stock shaft 910, cant you get someone to pull the shaft from the 909, add the 910 adaptor (pulled from the stock shaft) and then she can carry on using the YS6.

Then fleabay the one you dont need which should cover the cost of the shaft switch.

:thup:

Last edited:

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
YS-6+ is not terribly stiff, so you should look at something in Regular as well as stiff.

In terms of shafts that the avergae Titleist dealer is likely to have in their fitting cart, Ka'ali is a bad shout, mid-high launch and spin and fairly smooth. Ilima is a tad higher in both, and also a decent shaft.

For a more sporting choice, the UST Attas is a nice shaft and pretty playable, as is the Motore F3 60, but neither of those are likely to be available in the average pro-shop's fitting cart.

nil1121

Head Pro
Visit site
thanks for the replies. what is the OBAN DEVOTION 6 04 FLEX 65 grams like, as somebody is selling one on flebay

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
thanks for the replies. what is the OBAN DEVOTION 6 04 FLEX 65 grams like, as somebody is selling one on flebay

Nice shaft, but more like low-mid launch and lowish spin. Would probably take a bit more swing speed and hit to get it effectively flighted compared to the Kaali and Ilima.

nil1121

Head Pro
Visit site
my daughter plays off a 4 handicap so is a handy golfer. do you think this shaft with maybe a 10.5 deg head would be ok ?

nil1121

Head Pro
Visit site
thanks Ethen for all the info. In the end if she cant get on with it i'm sure i could sell it and buy a different shaft.

nil1121

Head Pro
Visit site
Hello Ethan, just to let you know that my daughter used her new driver with the OBAN shaft over the weekend and was booming it down the fairway all of the time. Thanks again for your input.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hello Ethan, just to let you know that my daughter used her new driver with the OBAN shaft over the weekend and was booming it down the fairway all of the time. Thanks again for your input.

Good to hear. So you have two low handicap kids booming their balls down the fairways. Are you trying to start a professional family stable?

nil1121

Head Pro
Visit site
would be nice :) the giirl is in an England squad, the boy plays for the county and i have another younger daughter who has just started county golf. They all love playing so i only encourage it and try to supoort them as much as i can.

nil1121

Head Pro
Visit site
just a little update, my daughter went along for a driver fitting last night to make sure the shaft was working fine. the set-up she currently has worked the best. we even tried different makes of drivers as well as different shafts in her current 910. Ethan nows his stuff. thanks