driver shaft which end to trim

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm going to buy a new driver shaft Grafalloy pro launch blue for my R11. I've seen a brand new one uncut at 46" with a .335 tip. I can buy an adapter at .355 but 46 will be too long so which end do I trim butt or tip? thanks

MGL

Challenge Tour Pro
www.mygolf.me
Both!

Driver shafts in adapters for TM are usually trimmed 0.75", you then insert them and butt trim to correct length.

Wildrover

Tour Rookie
Visit site
If you feel you may need to strengthen it a bit for your swing then take about 1/2 to 1" off the tip and the rest cut to length on the butt end. Otherwise just take it all from the butt end. Taking a little off the tip will stiffen the shaft up a bit and help to control spin if it is on the high side.

MGL

Challenge Tour Pro
www.mygolf.me
Ordinarily, you would not tip trim a driver shaft. However, it is going into an adapter sleeve and you have to tip trim slightly to take into account the fact that it is not being fully inserted into a normal hosel depth. If you don't tip trim it, it will play slightly softer to flex due to the adapter sleeve.

shewy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ordinarily, you would not tip trim a driver shaft. However, it is going into an adapter sleeve and you have to tip trim slightly to take into account the fact that it is not being fully inserted into a normal hosel depth. If you don't tip trim it, it will play slightly softer to flex due to the adapter sleeve.

Interesting, how much would ou need to trim it by? my shaft was not tipped in my R11 and spins quite a lot