Driver Shaft Question

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Sorry for yet another shaft question. I've tried researching tinterweb and not come up with much so I'm hoping the experts on here might be able to help.

I currently have a Project-X 7C3 stiff shaft in my 910D2.

If I could do it without spending loads, I'd like to try a shaft that is lighter (maybe around 60g?), has a lower torque figure (preferably under 3) but plays equally as stiff as my current one.

Has anyone any ideas? Is it possible?

Thanks.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
I currently have a Project-X 7C3 stiff shaft in my 910D2.

If I could do it without spending loads, I'd like to try a shaft that is lighter (maybe around 60g?), has a lower torque figure (preferably under 3) but plays equally as stiff as my current one.

Has anyone any ideas? Is it possible?

Thanks.
That's already a low-ish torque shaft - and R6.0. 6c12 is 64gm version

What are you trying to achieve?

Last edited:

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. I didn't realise there was a black PX shaft, sounds interesting.

Yes, the current one is 73g.

I'm not trying to 'achieve' anything as such, just fancy playing around with it.

Lighter because I'm skinny and light and mine sometimes feels a bit heavy. Less torque because of an article ( http://www.butchharmonfloridian.com...-driver-of-your-life-in-five-minutes-or-less/ ) which suggests I might find it feels better, but don't want to go much softer (if any) because I think I give it a reasonable slap.

Thanks for the link to the chart fundy, saved to my favourites.

From that it looks like the RIP a60 might fit the bill. Is that the standard RIP that Titleist use in the 910?

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I need all of the maximum allowed clubhead volume to make sure my ball catches a piece of it!!

I had a V2 in my 909. Very good shaft but a bit to beefy for me so if you wanted the x flex, the V2 and the smaller head we could have a deal ;)

Already got a D3 I love with a good shaft, just trying to help lol