Driver shaft damage or not

James Knibb

Visit site
Hi all
First post so hope it’s in the right place.
I have just purchased a driver shaft and I sure if it is fit for purpose. I had the tour ad before and loves it but this time did not want to spend the £380 to upgrade so managed to get one second hand. Can anyone tell me from the pictures if it will effect performance please

Thanks for your help

Attachments

• Tourad1.jpg
    Tourad1.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 54
  • Tourad2.jpg
    Tourad2.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 56
  • Tourad3.jpg
    Tourad3.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 54

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Re Pic 3. That does indeed look simply like bag rub - though seems quite a 'bad' one. Shaft will be marginally weaker, but not, imo, in any danger of breaking because of it. Any wayward shots will be down to 'the operator', not that 'flaw'! A long sock type head cover would protect it from further damage, as would a wrap or 2 of tape. I never bothered with the couple on shafts I 'damaged' cosmetically - just made sure that the shaft was not in contact with anything that would cause further 'damage'.

The other 'scrapes' seem totally cosmetic.

Last edited:

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
You can put tape round where the bag rub is to avoid it getting worse but it's not going to affect the shaft it's simply just the paint on top of the shaft that's rubbed off

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I'd be returning that tbh.

What is the tip like?

How many times has it been pulled? How much heat has been applied?

One time pulls are fine but the more times a shaft is heated and pulled the weaker it becomes. That shaft doesn't look well looked after to be honest.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'd be returning that tbh.

What is the tip like?

How many times has it been pulled? How much heat has been applied?

One time pulls are fine but the more times a shaft is heated and pulled the weaker it becomes. That shaft doesn't look well looked after to be honest.
I have to agree here for an expensive shaft it looks very neglected.
How deep is the bag rub ?
Put a ruler on the shaft ,hold it up to the light if it’s a deep rub it will weaken the shaft if the fibres have been worn away.