Driver Question

D

Deleted member 1147

How very dare you doubt and question someones post with no knowledge of the individual, you also might want to read his other posts in the topic....you might learn something...OK ?

I very much very dare!

Ok?

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
How very dare you doubt and question someones post with no knowledge of the individual, you also might want to read his other posts in the topic....you might learn something...OK ?

If it is correct then he won’t find what he wants in AG. I don’t believe they stock x flex shafts as standard. They wouldn’t have the correct demo so he can’t hit the right club. Need to go to a manufacturer fitting centre IMO.
It may be correct, but I’d suggest the OP gets some control before buying any clubs

User101

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Possibly not relevant to the OP but my understanding is in some quarters that they teach juniors to hit it as hard as they can initially to get their speed, then latterly work on straightening them out.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I think it would be fair to clarify someone who's only been playing 3 months and whose average swing speed is faster than anyone on the PGA Tour.

D

Deleted member 1147

In which case, congrats.

Don’t buy a club from a local shop without going to a proper club fitter first, as they will have more stock of a variety of shafts.
Those speeds are well beyond “normal”, so expert advice is going to be invaluable.

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Personal experience, including at one point looking to join AG at their Bird Hills store. In a number of local stores, I've seen clearly new or inexperienced golfers looking around and being thrust the latest top end driver and told it's perfect for them, and yes, even to the point of not even seeing them hit a shot. Now I agree and accept its a generalisation and know AG have worked hard at improving their customer service but I am still wary and have still seen a few examples of a sales person not really looking to talk to customers (even briefly) to find out about their golfing experience before making a recommendation

My experience too. Out of 4 local stores 1 is very good, 1 is OK and 2 are terrible