Driver or Irons

David_L

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Think others may have asked similar question before so apologies.

Quandary - c/f'd for G15 driver (12.5* Draw) and G15 Irons. Love them both but questioning whether I should buy a driver now or wait until my h/c (is a obtained and b falls). My existing driver is a 12 year old TM Burner 10.5* so I know and do hit the Ping better but the G15 irons felt really good and I feel i can get a more consistent strike with these than my current Mizuno Widecs.

So (after all that) would you guys agree with the pro when he says I would see more benefit from the driver when compared to my existing or should I follow my gut and get the irons now waiting for my game to mature a tad until the driver?

What I would say is that the c/f process does feel a lot better than walking into AG (nothing against them but....you know what I mean).

Thanks

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
If you are hitting your current driver O.K. then I would put the irons into the bag as you will get the most out of a quality set of irons. If I was choosing out of the two,that's what I would do, nice position to be in all the same.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Definitely the irons.
If your driver goes ok, even if it is ancient, you'll get better with new irons before a new driver.

drawboy

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thanks Imurg; BTW is that the cover from 2112 one of the best albums ever? Good choice of avatar :)

Why yes it is - a few Rushies on here.
I saw them live at the Queens hall in Leeds on the Hemispheres tour I was all of 16. One of the best nights of my life, still one of my favorite bands to this day.