Driver Help

The19thHole

Head Pro
Visit site
Recently (over christmas) I purchase a brand new Callaway RAZR Fit 9.5º.
Can anybody please shed some light and theory as to why I can only hit it
on average 200yrds when my previous driver (Callaway Diablo Edge [draw
bias]) 225/240yrds????????

Thanks in adv
Stu

MGL

Challenge Tour Pro
www.mygolf.me
There isn't really enough info to say with any certainty what the problem is. However, if I was to hazard a guess, I would say that your swing speed is probably not enough to optimise the trajectory on a 9.5* head and hence you are losing carry and distance. What shafts are in the new and old one?

The19thHole

Head Pro
Visit site
Thanks guys.

The New RAZR has 9.5 reg shaft
The old Diablo has 10.5 stiff.

When I tried out the RAZR I was getting carry distance of 235yrds with about 10-15 yrds roll.

MGL

Challenge Tour Pro
www.mygolf.me
Thanks guys.

The New RAZR has 9.5 reg shaft
The old Diablo has 10.5 stiff.

When I tried out the RAZR I was getting carry distance of 235yrds with about 10-15 yrds roll.

When you say "tried it out" what exactly do you mean - what did that involve? On a range, in a shop, etc??

MarkA

Head Pro
Visit site
Did you buy it from an authorised dealer or second hand? The regular shaft shouldnt really cut the distance down just make it harder to control if you are swing to quick for it.
It might also be worth checking with Callaway that is a genuine club via the serial no :0(

The19thHole

Head Pro
Visit site
I tried it out along with other new drivers Cobra Amp, Titleist D12, Rocketballz etc
at a huge store in the Boston (US) called Golf Town. The results for the Razr were
a great, straighter, better and longer than my current club, so I opted to purchase.

dandpl

Club Champion
Visit site
I do'nt understand either!

Did you "try it out" on a range or a simulator?

Further more I understand not why people would buy any club without hitting balls on a range preffrably with a trackman or similar and the guidence of a Pro you trust or a clubmaker of repute.

Anyway best of luck

dandpl

MarkA

Head Pro
Visit site
I do'nt understand either!

Did you "try it out" on a range or a simulator?

Further more I understand not why people would buy any club without hitting balls on a range preffrably with a trackman or similar and the guidence of a Pro you trust or a clubmaker of repute.

Anyway best of luck

dandpl

thought it was just me!