Driver help please.

borntorunsean

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Snapped my superquad last month in a rage, and have been using a brand new tour burner from 2008. Cant hit it at all. Is this because its a tour edition? can someone explain what a tour edition driver is and how it differs and therefore for me so hard to hit?

Also im needing to get something off ebay to replace it. Bar taylormade, how do other makes advertise their tour drivers? just so i can stay clear of them!!!!

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Howdy. Just so we have an idea what we're talking about what do you play off/generally score and how far did you (honestly) hit your old driver, was it accurate-ish?

If youre not pushed about a new shiney then go to a golf superstore and try their drivers, find a shaft that works for you and then find a driver with that shaft on ebay. Forget about the make, theres lots of quality drivers about.

Thats my two cents but for all I know you're a pro and think Im a crazy. :)

A

Alex1975

Tour Versions are usually a little easy to work the ball but maybe a little less forgiving. This is a general statement but goes some way to answering your question.

DaveM

Tour Winner
Visit site
The flex point is usually differant on a tp driver. A tp regular shaft will be a bit stiffer than a normal regular shaft. Do to the flex point. Or so I have read, dont know how true it is though.

hangover

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
ive got the nike vr str8 fit tour driver and id say its rather forgiving if anything. never really had any problems with it.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
The Taylor made TP versions tend to have a face which sits open. The non TP ones sit closed. If you are a bit of a slicer, the TP versions are to be avoided.
The shafts are often more expensive versions too.

borntorunsean

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Thanks all. My superquad was 10.5 regular shaft. I hit this with a slice. My carry was 240ish. I swing very fast. I thought by getting the Tour burner in a stiff shaft and 9 degrees might cut out the slice? But i can barely get the thing off the ground.

When people say a more open face what do they mean?

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
At address, an open face will point a bit right, a closed face will point a bit left. If you are a righty that is.

Drawers of the ball like an open face, as it makes it harder to hook.

Faders are usually more happy with a slighlty closed face, as it makes it harder to slice.

Obviously you could just rotate the club head to look closed, but by doing so you are de-lofting it.

borntorunsean

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Thanks.

Ive tried loads of different ways of attacking the ball with the club face angle etc. The only way i get it in the air is opening it up. Ie. for a right hander the face pointing more to the right. I just cant hit the thing.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
TP drivers are not Tour drivers. They are just a sub-brand for slightly better players. TM Tour players use very different clubs individualised to their needs with shafts and finishes unavailable to the general public.

This also happens with irons where there are special designs and grinds for Tour players.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Thanks.

Ive tried loads of different ways of attacking the ball with the club face angle etc. The only way i get it in the air is opening it up. Ie. for a right hander the face pointing more to the right. I just cant hit the thing.

I would snap it then
;)

A

Alex1975

Thanks.

I would snap it then
;)

:D :D :D :D :D :D