Driver Drills

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just seen this video from Peter Finch and Piers from Me & My Golf explaining a really simple, but great drill for driving the golf ball. Not seen this drill before, but looks like it could be very useful. Just thought it was worth sharing:

[video=youtube;3C0tieF4h0Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3C0tieF4h0Q[/video]

Looking to really improve my driving this season, so are there any other driver drills that you guys like? What are your thoughts on this one?

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Had a play around with it on the course yesterday, and it really made me think about my club delivery on the way down. When I did a practice swing and stopped, my club was way too far behind myself, and so the drill really helped me think about the key delivery area and make adjustments. Great drill, and one I'll continue to use!

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
I saw the drill done by Piers? on his other golf channel where they talked about the 5 point parallel positions and it does help. As long I was don't spin out with my shoulders and follow the 5 point plan, I get the ball going straight, sometimes even with a little draw, which is a nice change.

But yes it's a good drill that does make you think about your club position.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yeah, when I got it right yesterday I was getting some draw with my driver which makes a massive change from the big slice I've been hitting recently. Driving really does need some work. Had my first lesson with the driver on Wednesday, so hoping by the middle of summer to have found some consistency, got rid of the slice, and gained some distance!

the_coach

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
one of the best driver drills around is on the face of it pretty simple.
but it's a good ways more difficult to do correctly than it sounds but will pay dividends if folks can get it down good.
(a drill Davis Love III as a kid was given by his father, which he did at every practice session - & continues to do it right through his Pro career)

four balls hit with a driver focus is on rhythm, balance & tempo to strike the ball at center.

with your driver make a complete full swing in proper sequence but at a speed to send 1st ball 100 yards only {- not half a swing a full complete swing}

2nd ball full complete swing to send ball 150 yards.
3rd ball full complete swing to send ball 200 yards.
4th ball full complete swing keying in on the smoothness, rhythm, balance & tempo felt in the previous 3 swings.
then start over with the next 4 balls.
get the drift of this drill down good accuracy & distance will improve.