Driver Advice

Visit site
Hi

I have an old Taylormade Burner - 10.5, stiff shaft - about 9 years old. I can hit it with a slight draw, very high about 230- 245. I also have a wilson staff dd6, regular that I often duck hook.

Do you think the shaft is the reason for the duck hook or as anyone else had this problem with the DD6?

swingstar1

Assistant Pro
Visit site
the softer shaft in the Dd6 sounds like the problem - the extra release you'd get from a regular flex is probably speeding up the closing of the face turning the draw into a hook

is the ProForce V2 shaft by the way in the Wilson

Visit site
Yes, its the v2 shaft.

I think I might just cut my losses with it and trade it in - A duck hook is so unpredicatble and I can hit the burner 240 with a slight draw so should just stick to that.

ocha84

Visit site
I would suggest you to find a custom clubmaker. I had my driver custom fitted by a custom clubmaker about 7 months ago. It's a Titleist 983K with Aldila NV stiff shaft. It turns out that the shaft didn't suit me. I was then recommended a Fujikura stiff shaft and cut to 43.5" in length considering I'm only 5'8". At first I thought I will lose so much distance, which was true for the first few balls (10 or so) on the range. But as soon as I got used to it and had the swingweight properly set-up, I was able to hit the driver from 235 yards carry to being able to bomb the ball 260 yards straight like a cruise missile. I was amazed. the original driver was 45" in length.

hope that helps in helping you to get a new driver when you consider buying one.