Driver Adjustment - It Works??

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So what does the switching of the settings actually achieve?

Not much if you read the Tom Wishon report. (I used to have one of his drivers and it was fantastic. Unfortunately the face cracked after five years). I get what the report is saying, that the loft of the club does not change. However, the shaft and grip must have moved to a different position. So, assuming that you grip the club in the exact address position every time then any adjust of the head must change the loft/lie angle.

Nick_Toye

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Not much if you read the Tom Wishon report. (I used to have one of his drivers and it was fantastic. Unfortunately the face cracked after five years). I get what the report is saying, that the loft of the club does not change. However, the shaft and grip must have moved to a different position. So, assuming that you grip the club in the exact address position every time then any adjust of the head must change the loft/lie angle.

So does it allow for a better strike, more distance, better direction. I'm guessing the only way to know yourself is to get down the range and try.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So does it allow for a better strike, more distance, better direction. I'm guessing the only way to know yourself is to get down the range and try.

I think that the only real proof would be to put the club(s) in a mechanical golf ball whacker and watch the results of the ball flight after adjusting the head, without moving the grip.

Nick_Toye

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I think that the only real proof would be to put the club(s) in a mechanical golf ball whacker and watch the results of the ball flight after adjusting the head, without moving the grip.

Well not sure where I could even use one and if it would really help me right now. I think I just need to work more on keeping the ball straight. :)