Drill and/or Swing Thought Needed Please

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Can anyone recommend a drill or swing thought to help prevent me lifting my left shoulder before impact?

I'm convinced (or rather have been convinced by a pro) it's the cause of most of my bad shots, which are a slice with the driver or thinned irons.

Thankya

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
I often hit slightly thinned shots, especially with my hybrid. :D

I was reading Faldo's book last night and his words reminded me to keep watching the ball through impact. Although not necessarily related to your problem(s) I did find the thought very helpful and "peached" some super shots off the mat at the range.

Maybe if you keep down and watch it, you might find it improves.

:D

DazYeo

Hacker
Visit site
Ditto your "watch the ball" tip. I tried hard to do this two days ago and it really helped. I smacked a beautiful 5 iron off the deck at the range that soared for miles! They usually bobble for 100 yds on the deck!

Lindyhop67

Medal Winner
www.perfectequilibrium.co.uk
Try a swing thought of "still head...over the ball". This will help you keep your head still (therefore no shoulder uplift...although I suspect it's actually your back straightening) whilst gently concentrating on the ball. Use the swing thought as soon as you bend your left knee and use the two parts of the swing thought as your backswing rhythm and your downswing rhythm. This will help you keep a good rhythm and avoid snatching at the ball.

Also try placing the ball slightly further back in your stance so that you can confidently get a good strike.