Draw Biased Drivers

Newtonuti

Visit site
Do draw biased drivers ACTUALLY work? I suffer with a pretty pants club release with my driver and seem to be leaving the face too open, do these drivers actually help with this? Reviews seem to think that they although they aren't full on slice busters, they can massively help with having all the weight in the heel, so I'd just like to see people's opinions.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
The Ping G series SFT are about as draw bias as you can get....on reviewer on YouTube said the furthest right he could hit a G430 SFT was 25 yards left.
Put a dodgy swing on it and you'll still slicemit - no club can work miracles
But the SFT works and can straighten up a "powerfade"...

Newtonuti

Visit site
The Ping G series SFT are about as draw bias as you can get....on reviewer on YouTube said the furthest right he could hit a G430 SFT was 25 yards left.
Put a dodgy swing on it and you'll still slicemit - no club can work miracles
But the SFT works and can straighten up a "powerfade"...
Very tempted to see if I can try one in my next lesson, just to compare.

HPIMG

Visit site
I tried the g425 SFT when they first came out as my bad shot was a slice. I found it impossible to slice but wanted to fix my swing rather than buy a draw biased club and I have went back and forth with just giving in and buying one. Only recently have I started getting a baby draw with my g425 max driver but I can still hit the odd slice now and again.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
I have the SFT, and love it. I can still slice it, and have yet to hit a proper draw after a year of ownership. However, I am rarely 3 off the tee or in real trouble left or right with it. It's certainly straightend my driving out.
I've lost about 10 yards, so reckon between 220 and 240 off the tee but don't find that an issue, as I can hit a 3 wood 210 yards, hybrid 200 yards and 4 iron 190 yards off the deck no bother.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
They definitely work but they're not miracle workers. It won't turn a slice into a draw but it will turn one into a fade that's in play. Source: have used a G410 SFT for the last three years.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
I have the Mizuno ST-X 220. Best purchase I’ve made in a long time. I rarely lose a drive right these days, certainly no power fades in evidence. My driving has been the weak link in my game for a long time - it’s now a strength.

So yes, they do work. But bear in mind they cannot correct a fundamental swing fault.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
My mate had a draw bias ping many years ago. He would push the thing out right over the next fairway to bring it back but it taught him an in to out path in doing so.

Albo

Visit site
They won’t fix a bad swing, they may help to limit the impact of said bad swing.
You could pull the trigger on it or spend less to take a few lessons and fix the swing flaw.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
But, will you need it if your lessons fix your slice?
I've had numerous lessons over the years and nothing fixed my slice. That'll say more about me as a student than the teachers though!
I like the sound of that! Been looking at the D430 SFT, so I'll give it a go in my next lesson I think!
You could also try the Max with the weight in the heel. That way, if you do manage to sort your slice, you can put the weight back to middle and hey presto, new driver! 😉

Skytot

Visit site
I have the Mizuno ST-X 220. Best purchase I’ve made in a long time. I rarely lose a drive right these days, certainly no power fades in evidence. My driving has been the weak link in my game for a long time - it’s now a strength.

So yes, they do work. But bear in mind they cannot correct a fundamental swing fault.
I echo this . Improved my driving considerably

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Due to family and work my free time for lessons and practice dropped off a cliff along with the number of rounds I was able to play. When I was playing my driver was just not playing nice (my fault I know) and my previously controllable fade had become a pretty horrendous slice. As I said, I am well aware where the issue lies (me) and I actually know the fix however I just don't have the time to put the hours in. Anyway, I did what every good golfer does in this situation and I went online and picked up something to solve my ills, in this case it was a TaylorMade Stealth HD Driver with a 12 degree head. For me it's been a bit of a game changer, I have definitely lost a bit of distance however it's keeping me on the cut stuff far more regularly which makes golf more fun which is really why I'm playing at the moment.

Jason.H

Visit site
Harrington said to cure a slice practice hitting the ball above your feet and to stop when you start hooking it.
I’d rather sort the swing issue rather than buy a draw biased driver.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
For the person who can't put in a lot of time practicing, there is only one way to cure a slice.
Strengthen the grip so the clubface is square to the swing path at impact and aim right (right hander) to get the swing path pointing at the target.
Cost = 0

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
For the person who can't put in a lot of time practicing, there is only one way to cure a slice.
Strengthen the grip so the clubface is square to the swing path at impact and aim right (right hander) to get the swing path pointing at the target.
Cost = 0
My grip couldn't be much stronger and I can still slice it.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
My grip couldn't be much stronger and I can still slice it.

That can happen because if you release the hands properly with an out to in swing, the ball will go left then further left so you hold off the release.
Go to the range, aim right, weaken the grip and try and square up the clubface at impact