Dr Stableford must be spinning in his coffin...

Does it bother you when people say/write stapleford instead of stableford?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Please add a third option, "it makes a vein in my forehead throb and I do correct them" ?

That is also my standpoint. It is very prevalent here in Nottinghamshire as we have a town called Stapleford and there is also a village called that just over the border into Lincolnshire.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Dr Stableford made a wonderful development in the game with his scoring method. I opened this thread dreading seeing some new horror adaptation suggestion or seeing that the new rule would be 85% of handicap etc. A mispronunciation, less of an issue although I do understand the irritation.

Do you get palpatations when you pass chalk boards outside pubs, cafes etc with the apostrophe in the wrong place? :LOL: (my sister does incidentally. She has been known to rub them out :oops:)

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Dr Stableford made a wonderful development in the game with his scoring method. I opened this thread dreading seeing some new horror adaptation suggestion or seeing that the new rule would be 85% of handicap etc. A mispronunciation, less of an issue although I do understand the irritation.

Do you get palpatations when you pass chalk boards outside pubs, cafes etc with the apostrophe in the wrong place? :LOL: (my sister does incidentally. She has been known to rub them out :oops:)

Don't get me started. I am a founder member of the Society for the Extermination of Inappropriate Apostrophes - or should that be Apostrophe's1608133186909.gif1608133186909.gif1608133186909.gif1608133186909.gif

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
It does annoy me when people get it wrong but I never say anything. My uncle still calls it stapleford and he must have been playing the game for 30 odd years.

D

Deleted member 21258

I thought I had logged into the wrong forum, the word police forum;)

I don't give a hula hoops about it, I can understand what the person means.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
It annoys me but lifes too short. I'll correct them once but after that I'm already working out which hole wouldn't be too overlooked to shank one between the eyes next time I play with them

I'm impressed - shanking to order is not an easy skill to acquire.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
what folks dont often realise is that people post from mobile devices and may have got it right but then been a victim of spellcheck and not noticed before clicking send!!!