Double champion yeehh

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I was just given the news today that I am the Club's Senior Champion gross and nett.

Great feeling, first time on the honours boards in over 30 years of being a member.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Well done,

it that common to have a senior champion?

all we have is scratch and handicap and only the scratch gets their name on a board

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Well done,

it that common to have a senior champion?

all we have is scratch and handicap and only the scratch gets their name on a board

Lol - last time I looked we don't have any Senior boards!

We do have one for the Grandfather trophy - but that's not limited to seniors.

We don't have any Senior scratch events - not a lot of point as, at any time since I've been there , we have always had one player with a significantly lower handicap (it's been different players but generally around 5 shots each time).

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We have a significant number of single figure 'senior' players. Not all of whom however opt to play in Seniors comps. The member with the lowest handicap in the club is in fact a senior golfer but he is better known for winning the Club Championship.

We have one entire wall dedicated to seniors honours boards.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
We have a significant number of single figure 'senior' players. Not all of whom however opt to play in Seniors comps. The member with the lowest handicap in the club is in fact a senior golfer but he is better known for winning the Club Championship.

We have one entire wall dedicated to seniors honours boards.

We introduced a senior club championship last year as we've a lot of older members that now struggle off the whites and so wanted their own event off the yellow plates. Was very popular last year, played over two rounds with a halfway cut and has a bigger field this year. Well done on your great win