Does this count as a stroke?

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
For some reason I was under the impression that if it doesn't clear the tee box, it isn't a stroke.
Not sure where I read it, probably in a dream somewhere :D

just shows you the amount of misunderstood and ridiculous perceptions of the rules there are out there- no offense intended to you Beezerk- it's just highlighting it.

I played with a 3 h/capper last week who insisted if you tee off outside the tee box area in strokeplay there is no penalty and the worse that can happen is your FC asks you to replay the shot...........:smirk: its quite remarkable how some hear snippets of rules and mash them together to make up a new rule (unintentionally of course)

Worse again a scratch golfer I played alongside in a scratch tournament 2 years ago, was adamant that his practice swing in the rough that accidentally moved his ball 10 feet could be replayed without penalty as it was an accident!!:eek: beggars belief

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
just shows you the amount of misunderstood and ridiculous perceptions of the rules there are out there- no offense intended to you Beezerk- it's just highlighting it.

True mate, I've known for years a swing a miss is counted as a shot but it's certainly something I read on the internet recently about going outside the tee box.
Then again the missus always does fresh air shots so maybe I've just got used to saying "go on then, have another go" :D

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
True mate, I've known for years a swing a miss is counted as a shot but it's certainly something I read on the internet recently about going outside the tee box.
Then again the missus always does fresh air shots so maybe I've just got used to saying "go on then, have another go" :D

:clap: :lol:

pogle

Head Pro
Visit site

I played with a 3 h/capper last week who insisted if you tee off outside the tee box area in strokeplay there is no penalty and the worse that can happen is your FC asks you to replay the shot...........:smirk: its quite remarkable how some hear snippets of rules and mash them together to make up a new rule (unintentionally of course)

Worse again a scratch golfer I played alongside in a scratch tournament 2 years ago, was adamant that his practice swing in the rough that accidentally moved his ball 10 feet could be replayed without penalty as it was an accident!!:eek: beggars belief

I think you're making two mistakes here. The first is equating a high level of ability with a decent knowledge of the rules ; and the second is you're not recognising when some people are trying it on. I'm certain that some players will make statements such as the ones you've highlighted knowing full well they're wrong. It's disgraceful but I'm sure it happens.