does anyone remember the Golf Channel UK?

itsamomentintime

Medal Winner
Visit site
I used to love that channel - putting tips with Dave Pelz, yoga for golfers, Breaking 100/90/80....

cant believe its been 10 years since the Golf Channel UK stopped broadcasting.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I miss Big Break but not the repeated adverts.

The guy with all the antique equipment who was pointing out that there was nothing new in golf club design was bit of an eye opener.

D

Deleted member 23270

Ah yes, Big Break.

Who was that blonde haired geezer with the dodgy haircut that owned the course it was filmed on? Wonder whatever became of him? :whistle:

U

User62651

I remember, had Sky way back then. May have bought my Momentus swing trainer from them, not sure. Have an abiding memory of an ad for a driving iron that went forever, big guy hitting it 300+. Also knife fairway woods advertised by David Peoples. Some of it was ok....ish:mad:.

Owen_Thomas_14

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My brother had the Big Easy irons and the K1 Speed driver and actually played off single figures. My mate currently games(love saying that ;)) the Knife fairway wood

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My mate had the K1 driver until I pointed out to him that he just been sold a nonconforming club by JJB. He successfully got it switched for the conforming version by them.

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Wasn't there a NOrthwestern 460 driver too that was meant to be the dogs proverbials ? I remember watching Tommy Gainey on the big break. I think Guy Woodman , English Pro, was on that series too.

I had one of those, more like dog excrement. So easily taken in by the advertising spiel when I was new to golf.

Evesdad

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm sort of hoping that the new sky golf channel would be something similar but without all the guff. Think this may die off though if they lose any more coverage.