Do you

Sam

Head Pro
Visit site
get eagles that often. Posted earlier in the balls thread and no-one said 'owt. I was so chuffed but now realising perhaps I shouldn't have been. I'll get m'coat!

andiritchie

Journeyman Pro
HOTMAIL.COM
No is the simple answer only had a couple,i do have regular eagle putts but hardly any drop

Well done on your eagle Sam may there be many more to come

Vincent

Club Champion
Visit site
Hi Sam,
I think I've got about 4 in the 15 years I've been playing!!
I don't hit it that far for a 12 handicapper and so very rarely reach par 5s in two. I have only one eagle by holing out with a putt. Two others were chips and pitches from 40 and 100 yards or so.
However my first eagle was on a 420 yard par 4 where I hit a three wood for my second and it went in...!!!

So in answer to your question. No! :D

Midnight

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hi,

must of missed that post, I still dream of a birdie. Well done on the eagle, describe the hole to us all and the shots.

Cheers

Midnight...

Herbie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ive had one double eagle :mad:, that I think its never going to be for me, less likely than ever now my accuracy has deteriorated. :(

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I use to make an eagle regularly at Wimbledon Common in my youth. Mind you the 3rd, 5th, 9th and 15th were always in range in Summer (even with old 3 woods) and the 13th if you got a firm bounce. I haven't had any at Royal Ascot since playing the new course but I did have a couple on the old course inside the racecourse.

tincup

Head Pro
Visit site
I remember my first one vividly, since then I have had a few on par 5,s (not sure exactly how many) 3 on par 4's and unfortunately none on a par 3 (oh that elusive hole in one)
Craig

ball_basher

Assistant Pro
Visit site
i only ever had one eagel which was last year !!!! i had only been close to having a realistic chance of eagle a handful of times before i bagged one , its normally a 20 or 30 ft putt if i do manage to reach the green in 2 , however the round i did make eagle i should realy of had 3 , my first on the 4th was about a 12ft put which i nailed , and on the ninth i hit my second to 2ft and 3 putted , and on the 15the same again , i was gutted to miss the othders after holing a 12 footer , but i knew at least my overall game was alot better and i was giving myself a cahnce , which was something i never done before, now i just need to mend the putting which has led me to a classic style putter instead of the mallet style and things starting well so far...

mark

Sam

Head Pro
Visit site
Never had one, very jealous of you! What happened?
From the other thread:

Just got my first ever eagle this morning and there is no doubt in my mind that I would not have had the distance but for the fact that it was a bit foggy so I put a couple of High-vis slazengers in my bag. Drive and 3 wood left 87 yards to front of green. Wedge in the hole - brilliant!
Who says cheap balls are rubbish!

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Had a fair few over the years,mostly on our 18th which is 269yrd par 4 or any of our 4 par 5's which are all reachable.I've been fortunate to have an albatross(please don't use that awful yank phrase 'double eagle')on our 11th hole and played with a guy who finished albatross,eagle (2,2)one night!!

Just remembered I've had 2 albatrosses,the other was at Almenera in Spain while on a lads golf hol,drive and short iron and luckily it went in and I didnt have to use my beer hands to putt!!

User 105

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not yet, but it's coming. I can feel it.

Over the past 6 weeks I get close on either one of par 5's or a short par 4 and the putt rims out.

Had a good chance on a short par 4 last week. Drove the green (257 yards) but left a nasty 6 ft downhill putt. So I opted to roll it close for the birdie rather than attack it.

I can almost taste it now. :p

I think closest I've come to a hole in one's been about 3 feet. I don't expect that to come anytime soon.

congrats on yours.

frasting

Club Champion
Visit site
I once was complaining to a friend about this very subject. How come I never get eagles? Then who'd of thunk it!!! I had one for three consecutive rounds on three different courses. That was about 2 years ago and I don't think I've had one since.

I had a hole-in-one at a par 3 when I was 17
I have had two hold shots at par 4's
and maybe 10 at par 5's ever

Playing in an open at Dullatur Golf Club a few summers ago I had back to back eagles (two consecutive par 5's) which is about the highlight of my golf. (only got me back to level par mind you!!)

theeaglehunter

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have had one in the two years I've been playing on a shortish yet very tricky par 5. I was over the moon and have been hunting them ever since ;) although I have not been fortunate enough to get another one. They usually require 2 consecutive brilliant shots and I am usually lucky to get one good strike a hole let alone 2.

Incidentally my only Eagle included a ripped drive about 295 yards (After pitching on the steep downslope which appears after 220 yards) and I then hit a great hybrid shot uphill about 185 which ended up 7 feet from the pin- never have i been so nervous over a putt I was sure I would cock it up, I assessed it from about 12 different angles and fortunately it dropped. :D

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Same boat as madandra, without trying to sound big headed, Ive had quite a lot (even more bogeys mind), we have a couple of par 5s just on the 500 yard mark which are well within range for hitting in two. My most memorable day was starting birdie eagle eagle birdie on my home course, par 4,5,4,5, scoring 3,3,2,4 and -6 gross after 4 holes.
For the second eagle, I drove down right of large evergreen trees and holed a 60 yard flop over them, didn't get to see it go in. It sailed over the tallest tree which was in my line and was chuffed to even have gotten the ball over it, never mind pitch within a few inches and roll in. Still ended up +6 that day, strangely gutted but overjoyed at the same time.

T

thecraw

Got one today without boasting!!!!

Playing with a friend at East Renfrewshire and eagled the 8th hole, drive, hybrid and pitched in from 20 yards, wee chip and run!