Do you use the Pro Shop?

Lollfred

Head Pro
Visit site
I prefer to trust my pro for club fitting and have bought irons and a driver from him after fittings sessions, but have probably paid over the odds for these. I don't buy balls as these are cheaper on-line.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Nope, prices are far too high. Any golf purchases at the moment are on a budget and so at present best price gets my money. Would love to be able to say that I support my pro and buy the majority of gear from him but I have not got the funds to justify the extra 10 or 20 percent on the price tag.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Our Pro seems to have moved on and, with the greatest of due respect to the Asst Pro, I probably know more, or as much, as she does about clubs and what suits or doesn't.
I'm much more likely to use them now the freeloading waste of space has disappeared as the shop prices can be pretty good but I almost dread winning a comp as the prizes are vouchers for the shop and they don't often stock what I want. Having said that, I'd rather use them if I can.

Doh

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Our club pro is a breath of fresh air absolutely great lad. He has put so much of himself into the club since he came three years ago. And credit to the committee for holding extensive interviews before appointing him. He gets a lot of support from the members because they know when they go to him for anything they will get full value.

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yes, as he automatically searches for the best online price and matches it. His clothing can also be cheaper than stockists found online and nearby. I bought an UA jacket from him last year, brand new stock, and it was over £40 dearer elsewhere. Doesn't charge us for his fittings either.

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
We've a great Pro and assistant, shop is well stocked for the space available and he will price match when he can. Alas doesn't stock Adidas so been online for shoes.

Bought Irons, driver and putter through pro in NZ and new driver through Pro here.

When saved up new electric trolley will be through him too :thup:

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
If the pro is competitive he gets the business, if he's more than 5-10% then he don't,

We are lucky that our club pro is part of a buying group which has given him big buying power to be able to compete with big retailers.... He can get there if he wants to

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
If the pro is competitive he gets the business, if he's more than 5-10% then he don't,

We are lucky that our club pro is part of a buying group which has given him big buying power to be able to compete with big retailers.... He can get there if he wants to

Club pro at ours is also part of a buying group - possibly the same one (TGI Golf?). If he's got what I want at reasonable price -or can get it - then I'll get it off him. He can usually match prices or at least be close enough.

Ian_Bristol

Head Pro
Visit site
The pro's at Knowle will always try and price match and they are great for free advice and nice chaps so yes if I can give them my custom I will.

6inchcup

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
we have a great pro who has been at the club for over 30 years,from being a member to getting his card,the club and its members come first with him,he is a member of foremostgolf and will price match on everything,a good pro is an asset to the members and the club.