Do premium/urethane balls really benefit *everyone*??

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well I used the Inesis 900 today just see if I had different feelings on it this time. I did notice it check a bit more on pitches and chips, which admittedly was handy on a bone dry course, especially when I overhit a couple of chips that then stopped only 6 or 8 feet past when I thought they'd be long gone. So I think I'll keep using them, until we get into winter golf anyway. I didn't lose one either so maybe they really don't spin off line more. :LOL:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Hit the AVX today which is a urethane cover. Definitely a lower flight but I was surprised how grabby it was on firm greens. Hit a couple of decent chip and runs and they bit on the first bounce and didn't run out as far as I hoped. Hit a lovely lofted pitch over the pond at our last and it stopped nice and quick to set up a birdie. Very stable in windy conditions and I was impressed. For my level, I would argue it may be far better for my game than a ProV1 or ProV1x

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hit the AVX today which is a urethane cover. Definitely a lower flight but I was surprised how grabby it was on firm greens. Hit a couple of decent chip and runs and they bit on the first bounce and didn't run out as far as I hoped. Hit a lovely lofted pitch over the pond at our last and it stopped nice and quick to set up a birdie. Very stable in windy conditions and I was impressed. For my level, I would argue it may be far better for my game than a ProV1 or ProV1x
Yeah I did have that issue as well once or twice as I'm used to more roll. Something to get used to.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
lol, if he's off scratch I'm sure he could play with any ball, it's just about preference. I was curious what he particularly liked about it.
He might like the fact it dosnt grab and hold.
Players vary so much.
My mate is off 1 he plays AVX because he spins them less with the short irons.
He just likes it that way.
It also depends on the greens you play on most of the time.
If they are soft but quick backspin is the last thing you want unless your yardages are spot on.

Mark1751

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I think Mark Crossfield has recently uploaded a video about the Srixon and Callaway range of balls, can’t remember exactly what was the outcome but I’m sure they essentially were all very similar in length and spin.