Divots:Should I be taking them?

Deke

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I wouldn't imagine that taking a divot or not effects the strike. If you are a sweeper then you won't take much of a divot if at all.

My divots work in an order of long for wedges and hardly any for a 5 iron for example.

Thanks M10,it would appear I am indeed a sweeper!

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
If you're not taking a divot, especially with the mid to short irons, you are losing distance.
Watch any tour player take divots especially with the shorter irons.

Deke

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If you're not taking a divot, especially with the mid to short irons, you are losing distance.
Watch any tour player take divots especially with the shorter irons.

Thanks for the input Bob,I will pay special attention when watching the Players tonite on Sky! Do all tour players take them?

Deke

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I should probably clarify a tad,when I do take one it tends to be with my short clubs,I suppose I am really talking about mid to long clubs! Sorry for any confusion!

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I nearly always take divots with my irons.
Long Irons : Divots like little rashers of bacon,
Mid Irons : Divots like pork chops,
Short Irons : Divots like hanging baskets! I can dig a grave with just one shot!
I've noticed that since adopting the S&T pattern my divots are shallower and point more towards the target rather than 45º left like they used to with my old swing.

Slime.

Deke

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I nearly always take divots with my irons.
Long Irons : Divots like little rashers of bacon,
Mid Irons : Divots like pork chops,
Short Irons : Divots like hanging baskets! I can dig a grave with just one shot!
I've noticed that since adopting the S&T pattern my divots are shallower and point more towards the target rather than 45º left like they used to with my old swing.

Slime.

Cheers Slime.The funny thing is I use stack and tilt too! I imagine JustOne will be along soon to tell me what I am doing wrong!