Divot points at target but ball goes right

oakey22

Head Pro
Visit site
I have been noticing my iron shots going right of where I am aiming, the divot points to where I was aiming but the ball heads right.

Am I right in thinking I am coming from inside- outside and this is causing it?

If so how can I solve this?

Thanks
Ian

The_LHC

Head Pro
Visit site
Re: Divot points to the left

Hang on, is the divot pointing where you were aiming (ie the target or is it pointing to the left, cos you've said both here...

john0

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Well imo (and bob may be along to pick fault with me soon) it sounds as though you are actually swinging a little out-to-in that is creating the left to right spin sending the ball to the right

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site

I would say if your divot is straight, so is your swing path. I'd guess the clubface is open a touch which gives it the little left to right spin. How's your grip?

oakey22

Head Pro
Visit site

My grip is on the strong side to neutral I think, well my left hand is anyway. I have been adjusting my grip for a while now, it was weak at one point and I kept slicing it. And I also I noticed that I was letting my right arm chicken wing out on my driving on the downswing so now keep my right elbow close to my chest on the downswing which has stopped my slice and hit some of my furthest drives.

oakey22

Head Pro
Visit site

Would not surprise me in the slightest. I have only been doing it on trial or error and looking a videos and pics on the net. Where abouts are you bob? I am in skegness till thur, eouldnt mind getting a
Lesson from you.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site

Would not surprise me in the slightest. I have only been doing it on trial or error and looking a videos and pics on the net. Where abouts are you bob? I am in skegness till thur, eouldnt mind getting a
Lesson from you.

See you at 2 o'clock :)