Divot Bags . In Winter ?

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Whats the story with divot bags ? i was of opinion the have a mixture of sand & seed & helped the re growth ..

I see our club have started using them, is there any point in winter ? is there any growth this time of year ?

Thanks .

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Won't do any harm, I think whilst the temperatures fluctuate anything between 5 - 12 degrees and with a little bit of the wet stuff added for good measure, it'll certainly go some way to helping rather than leaving the divots open and exposed to the colder elements.

Ross61

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
We have divot bags through the winter and have been told not to replace the piece of grass removed as due to no negligible growth the divot will not regenerate. Therefore we are to fill the divot with the mix so even though the grass will not grow at least the divot will be filled rather than a loose piece of dead grass.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
We have divot bags through the winter and have been told not to replace the piece of grass removed as due to no negligible growth the divot will not regenerate. Therefore we are to fill the divot with the mix so even though the grass will not grow at least the divot will be filled rather than a loose piece of dead grass.

This!

And when spring comes along, the sand/seed mixture magically sprout!

TonyN

Money List Winner
Visit site
As long as the temperature is 5* or above the grass will grow. Not as fast as in summer temps but it will still sprout and grow.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Surely if you can get the membership to be in the habit of repairing their divots in the winter, it will carry on in the summer?..so it must be a good thing.