Distractions on the golf course, new technology etc...

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
Which watch have you got Tommy? I had the S60, just found it fidgety having to fill in all the blurb after each hole.
Having to is the wrong phrase. I use an Approach S60.
I choose to use just the yardages it gives. Nice to see how far your drive went too. I could faff about inputting the score, and I take your point that if you choose that option, then, if you forget to input score ,then there is some faffing to get back "in sync" as it were.
But to just read yardages, no faffing at all. And to know your yardages really makes for better scoring.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I have recently started scoring better and, although I think it is just coincidence, this corresponds with when my Garmin S2 stopped working.

Around my home course I pretty much know what to hit, but around any other course I feel that a simple GPS can be very helpful.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Competition round - write score on playing partners card

Social round - keep note of total in head, my memory isn't so bad that I'd have to write down a score to remember it.

I use golfshot app for distances, has always seemed to do the job, had a skycaddie at one time and a Garmin watch more recently but both are binned now.

bradleywedge

Visit site
Having to is the wrong phrase. I use an Approach S60.
I choose to use just the yardages it gives. Nice to see how far your drive went too. I could faff about inputting the score, and I take your point that if you choose that option, then, if you forget to input score ,then there is some faffing to get back "in sync" as it were.
But to just read yardages, no faffing at all. And to know your yardages really makes for better scoring.

Which begs the question..is the Garmin worth all that money? If you are not going to utilise it's features on the course, then just as easy to own a £100 bushnell, which just shows yardages (and hazards if required at the press of a button) and then automatically goes to the next hole. The garmin s60 doesn't even do that, you have to manually move it on to the next hole. The Garmin has all those features which to me just take the concentration away from the actual golf, each to their own I suppose, but I know from having one and now not having one, which I prefer.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just pencil and scorecard for me, with the laser In the bag for rare use.
We have started to score via the ig app lately, but it’s suggested you enter the scores on the app after the round from the recorded card, as it was obvious those trying to enter scores electronically were meandering and slowing up to concentrate on accessing and playing with their phone.