Distance

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Does skycaddie pass the Socket test?

Since SR hasn't responded yet, I'll stick my big nose in ;-)

I'd believe the SkyCaddie based driving distance if the "measure shot" feature was used, but not if the "to the middle of the green" figure is taken off the yardage on the scorecard.

1. The tee blocks get moved around so aren't always where the hole was measured from.
2. Not all golf holes are straight, so a tee shot doesn't necessarily follow the same route the hole was measured using.
3. Judging by how far out some yardage markers are, I don't believe the hole yardage is always right.

Just another observation from what I've read here... I thought driving distance stats were only taken using 2 holes per round, so isn't an average of 'everything'.

I'd also say that most of the people I've played with hit the ball 200+ with the driver. I don't really think that's a long way counting roll. 200 carry would be maybe half of the people I play with.

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'd believe the SkyCaddie based driving distance if the "measure shot" feature was used, but not if the "to the middle of the green" figure is taken off the yardage on the scorecard.

That's the only way in my book. If I hit a peach, I'll step up to the bag (nudge it forward if needed) and press "go".

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
For the numbers I quoted, I used BOTH features (shot measurement or distance to (front) on my SGX). The largest difference between the 2 numbers was a couple of yards! The 150 yard stakes are spot on at that course.