Disqualification from a Stableford Comp.

Colin L

Tour Winner
Visit site
We had a DQ at our club .
7 handicap just didn’t put his card in.
Sec phoned him to ask why . He put it in the bin on the 12th hole after waiting on every shot since the start.
Game in front had lost two holes and would not let them through.
So in protest the three players tore their cards up.

So 7 cap was DQ and his score was gross 116 on his handicap scoring list on IG.
9 cap was DQ and 118 gross on his IG list.
Is this double bogey on every hole?
As that would only be 108? 72+36 =108..

Net scores on completed holes and net double bogey on the holes not completed.

Last edited:

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sec phoned him to ask why . He put it in the bin on the 12th hole after waiting on every shot since the start.

I cannot find it now but somewhere I read the committee can apply a penalty score equal to the players worst score in their last 20 in the handicap record. More likely as you suggest he entered 18 NRs. Which results in nett double bogey on each every hole.

Colin L

Tour Winner
Visit site
I cannot find it now but somewhere I read the committee can apply a penalty score equal to the players worst score in their last 20 in the handicap record. More likely as you suggest he entered 18 NRs. Which results in nett double bogey on each every hole.

WHS Rules 7.1b(ii)

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

what did the committee do about the group in front?

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yes asked him today.
18 doubles = 108
Plus 7.0 playing off 8 = 116. Ouch.
Cheers guys.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Captains Day medal yesterday. I recorded gross scores for all three of us in the group. Cross-checked gross for all of us at end of round. One of us entered his scores through the IG App. I entered my gross score and that of 3rd players at a clubhouse terminal. No requirement for any player to submit a scorecard - so no issues with card being incorrectly filled in. This is procedure for all comps at the moment. We are trusted.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Captains Day medal yesterday. I recorded gross scores for all three of us in the group. Cross-checked gross for all of us at end of round. One of us entered his scores through the IG App. I entered my gross score and that of 3rd players at a clubhouse terminal. No requirement for any player to submit a scorecard - so no issues with card being incorrectly filled in. This is procedure for all comps at the moment. We are trusted.
There may be a difference between the phone app and the clubhouse psi system's verification requirements.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
everything thats wrong isnt it :(

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes but lately ( couple of years ) it’s just been accepted that a three ball in a comp will take 4.20 hrs.
It’s really difficult just waiting around to play .
But any complaints are met with they were on time.
It’s a tough course but not that tough.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
After all this time the reason for the D/Q was that he filled everything in correctly but did not submit all details on HDID. the Comp. comm. do not check all the cards so it was a D/Q.

What he has said means little/ nothing to me. His score was not entered on the EG app

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
After all this time the reason for the D/Q was that he filled everything in correctly but did not submit all details on HDID. the Comp. comm. do not check all the cards so it was a D/Q.

What he has said means little/ nothing to me. His score was not entered on the EG app

Looks like the committee will have to rescind the DQ then

Interpretations

3.3b(2)/1 – Players Are Required to Enter Only Scores on a Scorecard

There is a difference between requiring players to enter a score for a round into a computer (such as for handicapping purposes) and being required to enter hole scores using an electronic form of scorecard approved by the Committee (such as a mobile scoring application).

The Committee may require players to use a scorecard other than a paper scorecard (such as an electronic form of scorecard), but the Committee has no authority to impose a penalty under Rule 3.3b(2) for failing to enter scores elsewhere.

However, to help in administrative matters (such as the efficient production and communication of competition results), a Committee may apply a penalty under a Code of Conduct (Rule 1.2b) or provide disciplinary sanctions (such as revoking entry into the next competition) for failing to enter scores elsewhere.