Disgusted!

shanker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I have been appalled by some of the posts regarding the British Women's Open (or is it THE Women's Open?). Anyway, the main culprits are NomadPaul and Andiritchie. These two chauvinist golfers have chosen to highlight the physical attributes of the competitors and have ignored their golfing prowess. Please guys! These ladies are PROFESSIONAL GOLFERS. Most of them could give Tiger two shots and still beat him!

B

birdieman

Come on Shanker, lighten up, I'm sure the two users you mentioned are only jesting. Gulbis is quite happy to wear a short skirt and trendy outfits to sell her sexy golfer image, she has no problems with it so why should you?
I think she would be quite delighted to have men admiring her looks as well as her undoubted skill with the clubs.
ps These girls could not beat Tiger, Annika at her best couldn't make the cut in a PGA men's event. Sunningdale is set up quite easy for them, cast your mind back to St Andrews last year, on a tricky course the standard of play was very poor. They are terrific golfers however, I would not question that.

Cernunnos

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Especially as Mr Alliss has given Ms Gullbis a new Title... "Ms Glammerpus" which suits her down to a tee. Great golfer, swings with gusto, but very effective player. As are many of them.

There was one oriental girl out there apparently dubbed Chalkdust by Julie inkster becasuse she drove so straight, splitting every fairway but one in the coverage we watched this afternoon after I got back home from work.

Yes many of the ladies do look lovely & its nice to see them taking such care with how they put together their outfits these days & still finding time to play exciting golf. Not felt the need to post in that thread yet & to be honest I've said most of what needs saying, prefering to simply enjoy a nice pino grigio, letting the dulcet tones of Mr Alliss & co' waft over me. Oh & I neglected to mention Ms Ochoa... what a player, the diminutive young lady can outdrive & most men, & definitely outplay most scratch & better any day of the week, what a talent.

D

Deleted member 1147

Especially as Mr Alliss has given Ms Gullbis a new Title... "Ms Glammerpus" which suits her down to a tee.

He also called her a "handsome young chap"!!

All I can say to Shanker is - "stop being so precious"!

If Gulbis doesn't want people to comment on her looks FHM was the wrong money making method for her!

If you don't want us to comment on her looks a golf forum was the wrong reading choice for you!

shanker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Come on Shanker, lighten up, I'm sure the two users you mentioned are only jesting.
And so was I, Birdieman. Sorry you didn't see the irony. I'm all for ladies golf. In fact, I played this morning with 3 Spanish ladies, one of whom had long slim, tanned legs and I enjoyed the round immensely, even though my golf was crap. Hope you're over your injury and back to form.
Regards
Shanker

B

birdieman

Sorry Shanker I didn't get the irony; sounded like a serious rant to me!
Back's ok, golf has gone pear-shaped of late alas.

RGuk

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hmmm.....I'm not one for making too many comments about the lady players.....far too much dodgy ground....
BUT, I was surprised to see Natalie G quite so dolled up on the course. The clothes, fine, but all the make-up and gum chewing....yuk....thank goodness the girls from the other side of the world are more interested in their performance even if they look a little dull.....
If I may go further, Mr Allis (who I quite like) seems a bit out of his depth talking about girls or oriental Asians. Perhaps Ken would be safer not to dig non-pc holes!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I have to say I'm pretty impressed with the general strength in depth of the womens game and even if the Old Course at Sunningdale isn't a particularly stern test (would have been better suited to the New) they still have to play the course as well as possible. As for me I'm secretly lusting after Sam Head who apparently lives somewhere in Ascot!!! Ms Gulbis looked rather fetching too today.

AliB

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
thank goodness the girls from the other side of the world are more interested in their performance even if they look a little dull.....
some of our cousins from over the water (not to mention Stuples' in those shorts)might be a bit OTT but I think it's a shame some of the girls don't seem to take MORE interest in what they wear. Assuming the clothes have to be functional, smart and eye-catching, alot of them seem to get stuck on 'functional'. On the other hand, what choice do they have? If the field at Sunningdale reflects the top end of ladies golf clothing, no wonder what's in my pro-shop is so dispiriting. Even if I were 30 years younger I wouldn't want to be seen dead in half of it. The big companies are missing a trick here.

AliB (logged in at last!)

PS - most amazing thing about Gulbis is her earrings - does she practise her swing with them in?