Disappointed in state of course.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
I played today at Blackley in an interclub team qualifier. Our team did well, finished 2nd and qualified for the final, so this isn't a sour grapes post.

I was really shocked at the state of the course, large patches of fairway were GUR, the bunkers weren't great, but the greens in particular were very poor. quite patchy and not evenly paced.

I know its early in the season, and I do think I am spoilt at Ellesmere as the greens in particular are very good right now, but I really was surprised at the state of Blackley. Unfortunately I am having to play there again next in a club match against Blackley.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Have played a few courses locally and although the greens at my place look atrocious they are putting well. Visually the green staff have done a fantastic job in making the course look more appealing and certainly on a par with the other places I've been to

shivas irons

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
A course I played on for years The Suffolk north of Bury St Edmunds is in a really bad state nowdays,such a shame as when it was privately owned the course was immaculate.

JezzE

GM Staff
Visit site
A lot of courses around Edinburgh are really suffering, but what do you expect after last years weather :(

... is the correct answer!

Will take longer than 2 or 3 weeks of decent weather for many courses to get back to normal.

Patience and understanding required more than ever on the part of all golfers at clubs that have had it bad!

DCB

Visit site
There was also a blanket of the white stuff almost everywhere only 6 weeks ago, so, it's still early yet.