Difficulty Sleeping?

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Just a recommendation for anyone who struggles to get to sleep because their mind won't stop thinking about anything and everything.

I was like this (and still am sometimes) but a few months ago I bought a pillow with a speaker in it so you can plug it into the headphone jack of anything with a standard 3.5mm socket. It cost about £13 from Amazon.

You can only just feel the little speaker if you press quite hard on it, not under normal laying down conditions. It's not the best pillow ever for comfort but I use another thin one underneath it.

You need to find something that you can concentrate on, which stops your mind thinking about all the rubbish it does at night. It used to take me anything up to a couple of hours to doze off, now it's normally 10-15 minutes, and not more than half an hour.
The key is finding something that's interesting enough to listen to, but not so much that you don't want to fall asleep.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
I usually put the tv on quietly in the background on one of the music channels and within a song or two I'm out. I find I can fall asleep faster laying on my chest rather than my back so I suppose finding out your most comfortable position helps too.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I find laying on my chest most comfortable too, but then I wake up with a sore neck. :(

If I have the tv on (even just music) I find the light bothers me and I want to keep looking to see what's going on.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Getting to sleep is no problem at all. My problem is that I don't sleep when its light so in the summer I'm permanently knackered and in the winter I can't wake up!!

jammydodger

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm in the book corner , cant settle if i havnt read a chapter. Used to wake up in the night and couldnt get back to sleep but since me and HID gave up caffeine it hasnt ever been a problem since. I have to use a black-out blind though cos once that light starts coming in...

ericsonnycon

Medal Winner
Visit site
It took me years to listen to 'Dark Side Of The Moon' by Pink Floyd to the end, used to turn the lights out stick it on and..zzzz! so mellow i just couldn't help it ;)

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
18 holes.

Couple of beers after the game.

Get home. Something to eat, open the Merlot, put the telly on and zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Dave3498

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
i have started playing our course in my head, i have not reached the 3rd green yet.......try it, it works

That's what I do sometimes. Just going through a previous round, shot-by-shot and counting is all I need. Seldom get further that the ninth.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Jeez, I can go back two or three rounds. Plus the drive there and back, plus club house conversation, plus chat with hid when at home. All at 3 am. Unless I follow Lefties view, bottle of red. Best cure for insomnia.