Delicate situation.......

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Your wife is putting on weight. Not just a few pounds, but she's beginning to look like a WWII barrage balloon.

How do you broach the subject???

Drop small hints, or just hit her with "lose some weight you fat cow"...?????

I want to keep my knackers.
:(

Shanks a lot!

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Your wife is putting on weight. Not just a few pounds, but she's beginning to look like a WWII barrage balloon.

Divorce papers?
Only kidding. Maybe suggest that you yourself would like to eat healthier food and get more exercise, and see if she will join you.
That way there's no awkwardness, and you get to keep your testicles.
Failing that........divorce papers:D

RichardC

Tour Rookie
Visit site

Make sure she does not log on here :whistle:

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Surely she would notice herself? When her usual jeans are getting tight etc? My mrs would, and does!

Maybe more subtle like food choices etc? If I did the shopping, I wouldn't buy biscuits and top up on fruit etc? It's a tough one though, I would personally prob never tell my wife she was piling it on.... But I suppose it may come to point where you are looking at a different person, then you just have to find a gentle way of saying it.

Sorry, just realised my post is no help at all, but as I just typed it up on the iPad, it's going up anyway as now my fingers ache.

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
Buy her an item of clothing in her 'old size' as a present. She will try it on and voiola! Instant shame! You claim that you know she is a 10/12/14 or whatever and you saw this and thought it would look great on her. Be supportive and say you still love her etc. You will both eat more healthily and take 4 hour walks together on the weekend. She will obviously have your golf bag to carry but it's all for a good cause.....

Midnight

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I didn't say anything and it was only when she saw a old picture of herself with a present one that she thought ' Feck me' , she has since lost 3 stone and looks even better.

Heidi

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Nothing you can do smiffy - she has to realise it herself.
sorry!
any hints or nudging will result in loss of nackers ;)

papyt

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
try and find out why she is putting the weight on,is she stressed at work or at home and comfort eating,or is she feeling low in herself and lost a little self esteem are you treating her like you used to or have you got into a cosy life style,best thing would be to tell her you need to lose a few pounds and will she help you by not getting fatty food in when shopping and i know this is a killer but invite her to go round the course with you or both join a gym or go swimming.But never ever tell her she is fat that's a no no and a direct route to castration ask her to go out pictures or theatre and tell her to wear the dress with the flowers on ( pick your own dress for this bit )as it makes her look sexy!!!!!! and makes her hair look radiant (pass the sick bag ) when she can get it on the penny might drop and then you can say never mind darling we can loose weight together .

AuburnWarrior

Tour Winner
Visit site
The Doctor did my job for me. He told her that she was 'chubby'. She wasn't best pleased!! :angry:

All credit to her though, she went on a diet and lost a stone and got down to a size ten. :thup:

The_Squire

Head Pro
Visit site
I mentioned to my Mrs she was putting on weight, she said ' How dare you say that to my face',

I replied ' I'd say it behind your back but i've only got half a tank of petrol'.

I think she will get the house. :(

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Doe she ever give you the chance to comment - "does my bum look big in this?" or similar? If so then a diplomatic response "well no, but...." might get her thinking without it being too blunt. You could try the "do you think we both would benefit from healthier eating and more exercise?" To just say "you need to lose weight" would be a terrible blow for her and would affect her self esteem and that's never good.

It's a tough one BUT if David felt I needed to lose weight in the end I'd want to know so I could do something about it.

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site

I think you've got to be a bit smart, and it may involve a bit of sacrifice on your part. You could suggest you want to eat better, and get more exercise. Maybe you could take up a shared interest. What about Salsa dancing ??;):D

I've got a mate who suggested, quite bluntly, that his wife was bulky and should lose some weight. all this 3 months after giving birth...............................she left him!!:(