Danny Maude driver tips

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
He looks like he’s a good teaching pro, might be tempted next time I am down.

Give plenty if notice, a couple of mates tried to book with him but there was quite a wait, but I guess that's understandable given the YouTube stuff he does. I recently have seen Paul Foston and really liked his teaching

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I started doing something similar a couple of weeks ago. I was always extremely rigid and had the sort of swing thoughts that get in the way, almost telling me what to do ‘steady, straight arm, cock wrist, that’s enough, swing slow...’ etc and for every decent drive I’d have a couple of bad ones, tops and low hooks mainly. The good ones weren’t even that good.

A few weeks ago I told myself to stop over thinking my drives, just set up and swing. I haven’t been recording or measuring but I’m definitely hitting it better, nicer flight and they feel longer. I feel much more relaxed and confident, whereas before I was very stressed on the tee!

Hendy

Tour Rookie
Visit site
That first tip wisdom in golf been teaching this for 20plus years.

The guy is 50 odd years old hits 300 odd yards left and right handed. He talks about skipping a stone across a pond

Second tip WIG calls it a "flight plan" He says you won't play draw fade without a flight plan.

I guess maybe more yous relate to this guy with him being from UK and not the states.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
I thought that. Saw it last night but resisted the urge to watch the video in full with it being club champs. Off to give it a whirl this week on the practice ground though
No adventure in doing it at the practice ground - 40 mph tail wind on the 8th was my first one - shove it right and you've lost a ball - tried again on next hole into the gale - grip club correctly, set up aiming at the fairway, practice the free swing, switch the brain off, then swing and let ball get in the way - both ended up on short grass somewhat to my surprise - there's a bit of fear in letting go of the stuff you've developed and just swinging like this.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
No adventure in doing it at the practice ground - 40 mph tail wind on the 8th was my first one - shove it right and you've lost a ball - tried again on next hole into the gale - grip club correctly, set up aiming at the fairway, practice the free swing, switch the brain off, then swing and let ball get in the way - both ended up on short grass somewhat to my surprise - there's a bit of fear in letting go of the stuff you've developed and just swinging like this.

I get the he who dares Rodney argument but felt the club champs when in contention for the handicap prize was several steps too far

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
I get the he who dares Rodney argument but felt the club champs when in contention for the handicap prize was several steps too far
Go to agree with that (y) - BTW it works with a hybrid out of the rough too.

If nothing else it's a great way of loosening up at the range/practice ground and stopping you tensing up and overthinking what you are doing.