Dale Hill GC East Susex

gopher99

Visit site
I was writing that tongue in cheek, you are correct it was closed for months last year and at the start of this year also. For me personally I really like Nizels because i use the gym, pool and classes more than i play golf.

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I was writing that tongue in cheek, you are correct it was closed for months last year and at the start of this year also. For me personally I really like Nizels because i use the gym, pool and classes more than i play golf.

Sorry - I missed that! Tongue in cheek comments often get lost when typed.

That's the way round that Nizels is great. That's what £100 per month of the membership covers, and then all of a sudden, £64 a month for golf is a bargain.

I don't have a golf membership at the moment, but I have a £17 per month gym membership which serves my needs well. In that context, an extra cost of £147 per month for golf at Nizels is a bit too expensive. It's a good course, but I'd say for golf alone, it's in the £1,400 a year category or so, like a lot of the other clubs in the area.

Last edited:

gopher99

Visit site
Thats the trouble these days, with all the texts emails twitter etc, any humour gets easily missed. You can cut the cost of the membership at Nizels by joining with another person, which takes it down to the £140 mark per month, for me it’s a bargain then. If I play 4 times a month, that’s basically the green fees taken care of, and then the gym is free.

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
From memory, the Old Course at Dale Hill is very much up and down fairways on the front 9 but then gets a lot tighter and more interesting. The Woosnam is a typical newer course similar in many ways I suppose to Chart Hills and East Sussex National. It's OK, plays long and can be a bit of a slog particularly during a wet spell. It's also got a few "silly" holes.

Just my opinion and others may well disagree.

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
From memory, the Old Course at Dale Hill is very much up and down fairways on the front 9 but then gets a lot tighter and more interesting. The Woosnam is a typical newer course similar in many ways I suppose to Chart Hills and East Sussex National. It's OK, plays long and can be a bit of a slog particularly during a wet spell. It's also got a few "silly" holes.

Just my opinion and others may well disagree.

You're not far wrong I'd say. I do like the Woosnam though, it feels to me like they'd used the available land well. I believe that on the old they had to redesign a few holes to accommodate the woosnam in a few places and a few of the holes don't seem to 'fit' - the 17th is the killer, a random par 3 which is comparatively in a field. The Woosnam feels a little like a slightly more 'upmarket' Sweetwoods to me. Similar age, both relatively long but you can get at them in places too.