Cyclists really are in their own world

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I like sensible people, walkers stop for other walkers giving them a considerate distance of 3-4 metres. The cyclists I have seen, and there was about 20 today which aborted my walk, don’t do that.
The trail is not for my personal use which is why I won’t cycle from Warrington to Altrincham on itor even to fiddlers ferry in the other direction.
The roads are quiet, use the roads if you can, whilst vulnerable people are taking their 30 minute stroll, it’s only until lockdown is lifted.
I do get what your saying but don’t tar all cyclist with the bad ones.
The path to Fidlers ferry is really nice in the marshes go there myself sometimes ( no Lycra).
Came across a posse of walkers this morning .
They just refused to move over , I had to stop in the middle of the path while they went either side of me.
One had the cheek to say “ bloody cyclists” it’s a cycle way ffs.
But all walkers aren’t like them, I’m one myself.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Absolutely - hopefully many people stick with it post lockdown... especially as a mode of transport (cycling doesn't have to be lycra-clad high intensity exercise).

Although I cycled past a woman riding her racing bike on the pavement yesterday. On a quiet residential road. Was a bizarre sight to see my 4 year old daughter riding her bike on the road and an adult coming the other way on the pavement. :rolleyes:
I would not let a four year old on the road by me!
You might lose her in a pot hole.

But there breaking the law.
Saw a young lad pass two cops yesterday and they moved out the way to let him past on the pavement.
I know what your thinking “ he saw two cops walking”

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
This weekend was the TT i was chatting to a few of you with on Friday, my goodness the standards are high!

They only had 466 entries, I came 430th! 30:20, averaging 187W! max HR went up to 175bm, peak power was 450W when I tried a sprint finish with 500m to go! (bad idea, too early!!)

A lot learned from this first time, next up is break 30 minutes, which I think should be no problem, learned a few tips and tricks on Saturday!!

EDIt: Winner was 22:13 at 386W! 5.6w/kg!!! second place averaged 431w!!

D

Deleted member 16999

This weekend was the TT i was chatting to a few of you with on Friday, my goodness the standards are high!

They only had 466 entries, I came 430th! 30:20, averaging 187W! max HR went up to 175bm, peak power was 450W when I tried a sprint finish with 500m to go! (bad idea, too early!!)

A lot learned from this first time, next up is break 30 minutes, which I think should be no problem, learned a few tips and tricks on Saturday!!
Great effort, were was it held?

sunshine

Visit site
No but new equipment is the answer when the old equipment is needing replaced. nothing to do with thinking it will improve performance

No worries I was only teasing (y)

There are so many posts on this forum from people who can't hit a ball straight but expect a new driver will cure the slice and add 20+ yards :ROFLMAO:

D

Deleted member 17920

EDIt: Winner was 22:13 at 386W! 5.6w/kg!!! second place averaged 431w!!
You should be able to break 30 mins next time.

How many miles is the course?

I may give it a go.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
Great effort, were was it held?
I used to have a book where courses were coded like H25/8 or similar. Apparently the history of time trialing in this country is illegal racing? Therefore it couldn’t be clear.
You also had to enter by sending in a cheque for a couple of pounds, but you got a free tea when handing back your race number. Time trialing is total grass route sports, at least around 200ish when I gave it a few goes.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site

Do you also get normalised power or just average? Normalised power is the better way to judge your effort as it punishes you for going over the average, makes you ride more even. The perfect ride would be both the same number, but that isn’t possible.
And what metrics are you looking at when riding?

Maybe give it a 60m sprint next time. I don’t think Cavendish would go for 500 either ;-)

Diamond

Visit site
I do get what your saying but don’t tar all cyclist with the bad ones.
The path to Fidlers ferry is really nice in the marshes go there myself sometimes ( no Lycra).
Came across a posse of walkers this morning .
They just refused to move over , I had to stop in the middle of the path while they went either side of me.
One had the cheek to say “ bloody cyclists” it’s a cycle way ffs.
But all walkers aren’t like them, I’m one myself.

You were probably the 20th cyclist in the space of 10 minutes. There are stretches of the path that are less than 2 metres wide, to maintain safety the only way is to get off your bike. But people aren’t doing that. There are idiot walkers and idiot cyclists, my point being that during lockdown 1 hour is not a target it is a limit and cycling 20 miles on the same routes as walkers (most of them vulnerable and elderly) is selfish.
For your mental well being if you really need to cycle 20 miles doing it on the roads, whilst traffic is quieter, would help those vulnerable who can only go for a quiet 20 minute stroll.

Think about the restrictions that are being touted for work and shopping. If you are cycling on a path that is 1 metre wide with other cyclists and pedestrians in both directions and you don’t have to be there, don’t go and certainly don’t cycle 10 miles to be there.

Diamond

Visit site
Looks like Diamond has been out

I would prefer the marines to station water cannons With the water died yellow and blast the cyclists off their bikes.
Repeat offenders to be castrated and horse whipped. However we live in a liberal society where lockdown means you can cycle 20 miles whilst passing within 2 metres of a hundred people.
But hey we only have the most deaths in Europe let’s carry on letting people do what they want.

sunshine

Visit site
I would prefer the marines to station water cannons With the water died yellow and blast the cyclists off their bikes.
Repeat offenders to be castrated and horse whipped. However we live in a liberal society where lockdown means you can cycle 20 miles whilst passing within 2 metres of a hundred people.
But hey we only have the most deaths in Europe let’s carry on letting people do what they want.

Those violent urges aren't healthy. You may be able to keep them under control at the moment, but permanently?

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You were probably the 20th cyclist in the space of 10 minutes. There are stretches of the path that are less than 2 metres wide, to maintain safety the only way is to get off your bike. But people aren’t doing that. There are idiot walkers and idiot cyclists, my point being that during lockdown 1 hour is not a target it is a limit and cycling 20 miles on the same routes as walkers (most of them vulnerable and elderly) is selfish.
For your mental well being if you really need to cycle 20 miles doing it on the roads, whilst traffic is quieter, would help those vulnerable who can only go for a quiet 20 minute stroll.

Think about the restrictions that are being touted for work and shopping. If you are cycling on a path that is 1 metre wide with other cyclists and pedestrians in both directions and you don’t have to be there, don’t go and certainly don’t cycle 10 miles to be there.
So are all the pavements full .?
How do these vulnerable and old people get to a cycleway in the first place.?
I think it’s you that needs to share. What part of CYCLEWAY don’t you understand.?
What about all the vulnerable and old cyclists where do they go.?
Cycling on the roads is dangerous ,and this country is not cycle friendly at all.
Use the pavements there for walking!
Not sure why you are quoting 20 miles all the time , but a good cyclist can do that in an hour easy.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
And stop calling it a time limit of 1 hour. The dumbest of all cabinet ministers picks a number out of the air, and as much as you are repeating it it doesn’t make it right.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Remember taking grandkids to see Jonny English in the film he drove through a bunch of cyclists on a mountain, said to his sidekick " don't worry there only French"

That really hit my sense of humour ?