Cycling

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Can't wait to get back out on my road bike. Weather been too poor ☹️
I managed a decent spin yesterday. Weather was pretty decent down here.
I did encounter a number of stretches of wall to wall flooding up to 100m long. Took to freewheeling with feet in the air to keep my socks dry.

D

Deleted member 17920

Ultegra will last longer. To me, if you don't race, then there is little reason to go ultra top end on group sets.
I am led to believe there is not much difference between ultegra and dura ace.

The DI2 electric gear changes push the price up. I am not paying the £800 extra for that.

D

Deleted member 17920

It looks very stealth...
Hopefully he is as aero as his steed.
Hell no. Not these days.

Hence the reason for the new bike as I need to cover some miles and shift some weight again.

KFC is off the radar till the road trips during the golf season.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I am led to believe there is not much difference between ultegra and dura ace.

The DI2 electric gear changes push the price up. I am not paying the £800 extra for that.

Could be, I am a tad out of date with cycling. Used to be into it alot. Dura ace and the top Campag, Record at the time, although they all now appear to be Record, used to be exotic materials, light as, but zero longevity. Things may have moved on.

Either way, nice looking bike.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
No. Ultegra.

The bike cost me enough as it is ?

Dura ace wasn’t an option. DI2 was an extra £800 and I didn’t need that.
i shudder to think how much a DA group set would be now. last lot a brought was for my Track bike in 95, chainset, stem, hubs were close to £400 back them.. nice stuff though. Ultegra was all was good stuff, had it on a couple of road bikes in the past... 105 is good enough for me now i ride on the road so little

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
any Mountain bikers got any tip for keeping your feet warm this time of year, it been minus temps most days the last week

been out in the snow the last few days, but had to head home after and hour and a half as my feet were freezing. tried my old road overshoes, but they won't fit over the MTB shoes, tried warmer socks, and even a carrier bag over my socks but nothing really works

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I always use sealskinz socks.
Might be a circulation thing if your spending a long time in the saddle.
I get off and walk every 30 mins for about 2/300yds.

some of is circulation as the shoes are tight ish, plus SPD pedals which are metal don't help.

i did have some seal skin socks years ago but didn't find they worked that well. I've got a nice pair of neoprene overshoes that worked great with my road shoes, but just won't fit the MTB shoes

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
some of is circulation as the shoes are tight ish, plus SPD pedals which are metal don't help.

i did have some seal skin socks years ago but didn't find they worked that well. I've got a nice pair of neoprene overshoes that worked great with my road shoes, but just won't fit the MTB shoes
If your shoes are tight sealskinz won’t work as they are pretty thick.
I just find long periods in the saddle does affect my feet and a short walk or even just standing on the pedals helps.
Maybe a bigger pair of overshoes might help.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
If your shoes are tight sealskinz won’t work as they are pretty thick.
I just find long periods in the saddle does affect my feet and a short walk or even just standing on the pedals helps.
Maybe a bigger pair of overshoes might help.
yes, could do with some MTB overshoes if they exist. was hoping for a short term fix as its been snowing all morning again and itching to get back out on the fatbike.

seen some heated sock or insoles in the net, but sods law as soon as i but them the snow will be gone and it will warm up. not been an issue the last few years, we havn't had a ny low temps for at least 10 years up here, not In Inverness anyway.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Endura make some MTB overshoes, look for Endura MT500 II

I do find SealSkinz the better approach but that’s because I prefer flat pedals offroad.