Custom Fitting Recommendations Sought - NE

RLil

Visit site
Afternoon all, I'm a high handicapper looking to invest in some new clubs. Would be grateful for any recommendations re: good custom fit services in the North East of England (ideally Tyne and Wear).
Thanks

RLil

Visit site
Thanks Jensen - very helpful. Brancepath also looks like a nice course, so i may try and kill two birds with one stone!

sweaty sock

Hacker
Visit site
Golf hub in newcastle has probably the best set up, but their pretty new so not sure how they are doing for stock etc. Worth giving them a ring though.

Ross Jackson in Middlesborough too.

Those two will probably give you the best fitting 'experience'.

But saying that I got my current irons custom fit at Golfworx, and they've been great.

Green Man

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Golf hub in newcastle has probably the best set up, but their pretty new so not sure how they are doing for stock etc. Worth giving them a ring though.

Ross Jackson in Middlesborough too.

Those two will probably give you the best fitting 'experience'.

But saying that I got my current irons custom fit at Golfworx, and they've been great.
Do you know who is running Golf Hub? Looking at their website it look quite good but I had an unfortunate experience with another custom fitter which closed down and I would avoid if this guy has reappeared under a different company.

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Do you know who is running Golf Hub? Looking at their website it look quite good but I had an unfortunate experience with another custom fitter which closed down and I would avoid if this guy has reappeared under a different company.

No relation to a guy on here, but was it a bloke called Craig Waymen of Dynamic Indoor Golf at Brunswick ?

Last edited:

sweaty sock

Hacker
Visit site
No, guy who does the custom fits is a pro who owns / runs a number of academies in spain.

My experience was that he was knowledgeable, at the time early last year didnt have a great range of stock, as he'd literally opened a week earlier, half way through the fit he stopped, asked me if I really wanted a new driver or was just after better driving performance, when i told him all I wanted was to improve, he just switched straight into lesson mode and got me ten more yards without selling me a thing. (He did complete the fitting and make recommendations, but his conclusion was I could get maybe a couple of yards with a new club as my old one was fine...and I obviously paid the fitting fee)

If I had been feeling flush and in golf junkie mode I'd have been dissapointed as he didnt have anything out of the ordinary to try. But as I say that might be different now.

Green Man

Assistant Pro
Visit site
No, guy who does the custom fits is a pro who owns / runs a number of academies in spain.

My experience was that he was knowledgeable, at the time early last year didnt have a great range of stock, as he'd literally opened a week earlier, half way through the fit he stopped, asked me if I really wanted a new driver or was just after better driving performance, when i told him all I wanted was to improve, he just switched straight into lesson mode and got me ten more yards without selling me a thing. (He did complete the fitting and make recommendations, but his conclusion was I could get maybe a couple of yards with a new club as my old one was fine...and I obviously paid the fitting fee)

If I had been feeling flush and in golf junkie mode I'd have been dissapointed as he didnt have anything out of the ordinary to try. But as I say that might be different now.
Sounds good. The NE could do with a good custom fitting place. I’m looking to get a new driver this year so I will contact him at the time.