Custom Fit on Existing Clubs

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Possibly good news on this one, the original company concerned look like they have agreed to let me have the clubs assessed and then will arrange to have them picked up, have any adjustments made and then delivered back. Having had the clubs checked, they needed an extra half a degree in length, plus one degree of lie and oversize grips. I have let the company know and am now waiting to agree a pick up.
The customer services manager has changed at the company concerned and I can only assume that he has made the diferrence. He is also investigating my experiences at both stores.
Before I send my clubs off, would appreciate any comments that anyone may have on the grips. Is is usual on a new set of custom fit clubs to have the grips changed to oversize grips or to have the existing grips bolstered with layers of tape?
Thanks for all your comments.

Wombler

Visit site
Before I send my clubs off, would appreciate any comments that anyone may have on the grips. Is is usual on a new set of custom fit clubs to have the grips changed to oversize grips or to have the existing grips bolstered with layers of tape?
Thanks for all your comments.

Yes but depends on your hand measurements as to whether or not it's necessary.

Here's a rough guide.

http://www.247-golf.co.uk/pro-shop/page.php?xPage=custom_fit.html

Wombler

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Thanks for that, I need a standard grip with 2 wraps of grip tape.

I wish I knew what I know now when I went into the shop in the first place. At least I have learned the value of research.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
The clubs have now been adjusted and the difference is remarkable.

Following on from my experiences, it would be interesting for a magazine to do an article on the various custom fitting services being offered at the moment. Most articles concentrate on the top end custom fitting facilities and those of the manufacturers. It would be nice to see a survey as to what to expect in your local pro-shop and chain retailer. The term 'Custom Fitting' seems to cover so many different levels of service that it is hard as a newcomer to understand what to expect, should I expect to see launch monitors and such pieces of technology or is an impact board and a tape measure sufficient. Custom Fitting seems to be the big selling point of a number of retailers now so it would be interesting to see what we should expect for our money and whether it is worth spending more at shop A because the service is better and more detailed than shop B.