Custom fit - Belfry??

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
A mate of mine who lives in deepest Kent is looking at a change of irons. He isn't particularly set on any one manufacturer and would like to do a custom fit where he can try several different makes which means that he doesn't want to go to, say, Titleist, Taylor Made, Mizuno etc all seperately. Apparently for £50 he can use the Belfry c/f and he was wondering whether the services there was worth the 7 hour round trip and whether there is anywhere else that anyone can recommend nearer to Kent where he can try several manufacturers irons and, say, a trackman or similar?

Thanks in advance

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
would precision golf egham be any use? remember someone (piece) i think going there and giving it rave reviews.

also there is an decent looking facility at the grove

Last edited:

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Didn't American golf in Croydon do the fitting for a forumer or 2 last year when GM and AG did their features? i remember reading the write up and they were full of praise for the store and experience...

Scottjd1

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Hi Chris,

I bought my Mizuno irons from here and they checked the spec that I had got from Mizuno adn tried some other irons before committing.

They have a large indoor and when I was there last year had shaft/head /fitting carts for most manufacturers so seems life a decent alternative.

Nice guys there and did a good price on the Irons as well.

http://www.internetgolfstore.co.uk/performance-golf-studio

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Thanks for your replies guys, I am just passing them to my mate to let him decide where to go/ what to do but all your suggestions are welcomed

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
If you go to the belfey then you will have a good experiance. They dont use fitters they used golf pro's that are contracted to provide 10hrs of custom fitting per week as part of their condition. This means you get a completly inpartial golf pro that wants to give you the correct clubs. Not palm you off with john letters because they make a better mark up!

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
would precision golf egham be any use? remember someone (piece) i think going there and giving it rave reviews.

also there is an decent looking facility at the grove

Correct I did use PG..and still do.

PG are a club fitting house and therefore will examine your set and tweak to suit, and will use indoor Trackman to configure the right set for you. They have many different driver shafts (>100), some iron shafts, plus interchangeable heads. What they don't have is off the rack irons sets to try from various manufacturers like you get at DG or AG, although they have a decent amount of 6 irons and wedges to try (some 'exotic' names too, such as Vega, Miura).

They are also more expensive than main retailers for fitting but you will get a level of service above and knowledge that is excellent.

Last edited: