Cryptocurrency thread - started by JustOne

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Ouch James! Not the best timing

What with Mr Musks recent change of stance and then the restrictions in China been a tough few days for anyone holding crypto. Seems to have bounced off the bottom for now at least, be interesting to see if its of the dead cat variety before further falls or whether its finding support at these levels

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
I went with a 'charity' coin for feeding people which has only been going since 1st May called Yummy Coin

It dropped like a stone all day from 0.00019000 to 0.00004000 but it's just gone up to 0.00009000

and another 'charity' coin that is only 3 days old called Paddy coin which is for mental health which is kinda holding it's own right now.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Ouch James! Not the best timing

What with Mr Musks recent change of stance and then the restrictions in China been a tough few days for anyone holding crypto. Seems to have bounced off the bottom for now at least, be interesting to see if its of the dead cat variety before further falls or whether its finding support at these levels

I think there will be some support as big players are in and the funds don't like losing.

Stella Lumens was 0.46, dropped to 0.21, now back up to 0.35

Last edited:
D

Deleted Member 1156

I've got bitcoin, taking a pasting at the moment ?

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Been carnage today but hopefully the bottom is in and we can surge on. I put in 14.5k in January it was up to 65 recently, it’s down to 41 as I type. Bit of a shocker though after some nice gains.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Bitcoin forecast to hit 120k to 130k by end of the year ?

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
who by and on what basis?

I remember reading this some time back... (copied and pasted)

"The Winklevoss Twins have made several Bitcoin predictions over the decade. In 2013, Cameron Winklevoss predicted that the cryptocurrency—then worth about $900—would become 45 times more valuable to reach at least $40,000.
He hedged his statements by saying that it would probably happen, but he didn’t know for sure whether it would. Bitcoin surpassed $40,000 in February 2021.
More recently, in 2020, Tyler Winklevoss said that he considers $500,000 a “really conservative” target for Bitcoin’s value. He believes it could grow beyond that amount if it manages to disrupt gold and becomes a payment network accepted by more retailers and vendors."

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
I was reading about the price drop today and in some conversations people were suggesting that coinbase and other exchanges crashed almost on purpose and therefore stopped people buying stock/crypto. Clearly they would have had high traffic but the suggestion is that the banks would have 'premium access' to the exchanges as they would have the first opportunity to invest into their losses, after all they are trying to save entire institutions rather than billynomates who is just trying to make a few '000 quid.

Makes sense in finance terms... but wonder if you think there is any merit to this 'conspiracy theory'?

I'm not sure that someone at Lloyds bank would be logging in to Coinbase??? :unsure: .. wouldn't they have some kind of direct access of their own?